• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHere did the Copyright symbol go in CS5?

Jul 03, 2010 Jul 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option has changed for CS5.

How do i find the characters so that i can add the copyright symbol in CS5?

For CS4 this is the procedure:

To insert the copyright symbol, ©, into your web page, do the following:

1. Move your cursor to the place on your web page where you want the symbol  to appear.

2. Select "Insert | Characters and Symbols" from the menu. That is, click  the "Insert" menu, and then select the "Characters and Symbols" item on the menu that appears.

3. Select the "Common Symbols" radio box in the dialog box that appears, if  it is not already selected. Click the down arrow for the box labelled "Character:". A drop down box will appear, allowing you to  select ©.

4. Once you've selected the character you want, click the "Insert" button.  Finally, click the "Close" button.

I did search the forums, google and look at teh DW faq, but i couldn't find the option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

As Mylenium says, you can use the Text category of the Insert panel/bar. Alternatively, use Insert > HTML > Special Characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 03, 2010 Jul 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to make it work.

Select teh are where you want it to appear and hold alt and type 0169 on the numbers key pad. (alt+0169)

But how do i find the character section to add other characters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insert palette/ toolbar --> mode : Text

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mylenium says, you can use the Text category of the Insert panel/bar. Alternatively, use Insert > HTML > Special Characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your replies.

Also thank you both so much for your helps here on these forums, i don't know how we would make it day to day in our projects with out your help and patience.

David_Powers had the correct responce when dealing with CS5.It makes sence now that i am told where it is 😕

Since CS5 has changed things around from CS4, there is no longer a "Insert palette/ toolbar --> mode : Text".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

micro5797 wrote:

Since CS5 has changed things around from CS4, there is no longer a "Insert palette/ toolbar --> mode : Text".

Actually, there is. I use it all the time. The Insert panel is normally displayed at the top right in the Designer workspace. In the Classic workspace, it's displayed as a multi-tabbed toolbar at the top of the screen. If you can't see the Insert panel/bar, use Window > Insert, or press Ctrl/Cmd+F2. The Text category can be accessed from the panel's drop-down menu or the bar's Text tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines