• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I try to download Flash, I get error "unable to load a GUI"

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows Vista. I have Adobe Reader loaded. when I try to down load Flash Player I get the error wessage "Unable to load a GUI".

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go through the troubleshooting docs at http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but after reading all docs I still have no idea what is wrong.

The docs I read, seem to be for developer. A developer I'm not.

Rudy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2009 Aug 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the looks of this forum, I'm not the only one having trouble with Adoble Flash. I'm sure I can use my computer without Flash.

No the problem is not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 26, 2009 Aug 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the standalone EXE installer in http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166 ?   So far I've only seen this post about getting an 'unable to load a GUI' error, and one other on google. I suspect this has something to do with the new Adobe Download Manager.  I'll ping the download manager team, they might have an idea.  But there is a standalone installer that you can run in the above technote, in the middle. Try that.

Keep in mind that you also have the option of opening a web support case (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact ).   But you'll still have to do the troubleshooting involved, which is basically similar to what I sent you to earlier.

Honestly in some cases it's just easier to take your machine to a local professional and have them fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stand alone EXEC does not seem to be available ffrom the site you mentionned.

I do not know what to try next, Can you help me please?

andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2010 Feb 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reasons I connot expkain, all seems ok now!Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get the unable to load GUI, even after multiple attempts on multiple days, and going through the crummy support docs. One should not have to be software engineer to load a crummy ap, that has to be loaded by some other site like facebook, due to it's own crummy software. Please substitute crummy for the correct expletive.!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only agrre with ypu.

I do not undrstand that all

seems to correct itselg while I was out. I use

Win 7 and I am now carefull to always use the 32 bit

IE. I never went to FaceBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief people, You need to use the Adobe Uninstaller here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Follow All of the instructions and if you are using IE, see the NOTE at the bottom pertaining to IE

If you are using IE, download and SAVE this to your Desktop:  http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Read over this information before Installing: http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_tn_19166_en-us

If you are using FF, download and SAVE this to your Desktop: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

You need to have permission to download ActiveX Controls and write to the Windows Registry and you'll find info on that

in the link for troubleshooting, in addition to other info. So be sure to read the 19166 article.

Do you have an Anti-Virus that is going to block a download? Does your Anti-Virus block installation of ActiveX or software? How about your Firewall, does it do the same?

Do you use Norton or McAfee?

I don't know what all of the posts are about this GUI, but use the links I provided. Until a person within the last few days, made a big deal about GUI, I had never heard of it before!!

Regards,

eidnolb

P.S. This is not for MAC or 64bit browsers(use the 32bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thanks to BWolfe, my problem has been solved (I think). I went to the site he gave me, downloaded a cleaner (a different one), then

downloaded a direct Flash file. Then ran the instal program. The I went to www.macromedia.com/solfware/flash/about and it said I have 10. installed.

I'm putting all details in this forum to help others.

Thanks again BWolfe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2010 Feb 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but it seems that the stand alone EXEC is no more available at the site

mentionned. I do not know what to do now. I installed Version 9, but it does not work either. I

have Windows 7 64 bit but I use the 32 bit Microsoft browser.

andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same "unable to load a GUI" error when trying to update my mom's laptop for her.  After reading some of the comments here, it seemed like the problem was related to the download manager, so I uninstalled the pre-existing Adobe Download Manager and tried downloading Flash again.  Smooth as silk; everything working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem but in VMWare virtual machine.

Any ideas how to solve this inside VM?

Thanks,

Roboblob

http://blog.roboblob.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just having this problem. Adobe Flash was causing Firefox to slow down to a crawl unexpectedly and video wouldn't stream correctly so I did what I would usually do which was reinstall Flash but then I ran into this problem where GetPlus was unable to load a GUI... I checked Tools > Addons > Plugins and there still existed a file from GetPlus so I went to Progam Files(x86)/Mozilla Firefox/Plugins to delete it and I was still receiving the problem... Finally I deleted all of the plugins in the folder excluding of course the GetPlus plugin because I removed it earlier, then restored them from the trash bin and tried again and the problem ceased to exist. Why? No clue. It did work though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LS, This is part of the DLM and has been causing more problems than usual. I would have left them in the recycle bin and emptied it:-) At least you have FF working.

However I don't want anyone reading this to follow your solution, since too many have struggled to rid their systems of the DLM/getPlus/NOS. There is a problem between the DLM and certain Flash Player Installers. Exactly what conflict there is hasn't been determined, but that it exists? Oh Yes.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you wouldn't want anyone to follow my solution because many people have struggled with this problem? I don't quite understand... Besides that deleting the plugin files from your FireFox directory has zero negative effects on the PC itself, yes if you don't restore them it could make some applications supported by a website inoperable but if any PC users out there are like me they require flash more than Java Runtime and then besides that you'd be given a notification from Firefox that you're missing a necessary application which would initiate a prompt for an add-on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LostSamurai

Having wasted hours trawling through the forums for an answer i used part of yours.
Windows 7, Firefox.  Had a look in  Progam Files(x86)/Mozilla Firefox/Plugins, and there it was, GetPlus.

Deleted said pluggin, ran the offline flash uninstaller, rebooted, ran the offline flash installer, problem solved

Thanks for your input, sorting this out has made my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2010 Jun 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 7 on toshiba laptop and had a nightmare.

Go here

to fix it, so simple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi misst, most security minded users should not click on a link like "go here".  Also bringing up a thread that is already answered and almost a year old doesn't help but clutter the forum.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear eidnob

I thought the purpose of the forum was for people to help people. Your advice hasn't been exactly sympathetic to those of us who don't really know what we are doing most of the time....that is why we come here....not to get sarcastic advice...'good grief people'.....from those who think they know better and patronize us every step of the way. I posted a link and it worked for me....in the age of bit.ly shortened links people click on unknown destinations all the time, 'go here' was probably a mistake but it was the right advice for me and I wanted to share it. Sorry if I broke the rules but seriously....your attitude sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

If your using IE , then do the below steps :-

1. Check if any Java or Adobe add-ons are disabled in IE

2. If yes then enable them and make sure u disable add-ons which looks similar to getatl from adobe

3. Then if it is windows vista or 7 then go to folder C:\windows\downloaded programs and check if any adobe installer is saved

4. If it is there then start the installation & also close any messenger program if opened

5. Your issue will be resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are my doings if my brouzer is opera? and i have the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

This was recomened to me on another Forum and it somehow did the trick!!

so download and install and this should do the trick

Let me know it has helped

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines