Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS5 Rendering takes forever

Jul 8, 2010 12:12 AM

Hello,

I am downloaded the trial version of master collection CS5 and I have been trying to render few animations in MPEG2 format.  My PC has 4 CPUs (AMD), 8gb RAM and runs on Win7 64bit.  The rendering on this machine takes forever.

I've made sure that whenever I am rendering I have caps lock on.

I also have CS4 master collection on machine as well.  Do you think the two conflict somehow?  (None of the CS4 applications are open - not even in the background)

Apparently, I have dedicated 6GB of RAM to Adobe applications (Multiprocessing is not turned on)

The render queue uses about 7-10% of 8GB on average.

Is there a way to make my render faster?  I there a way it can use more RAM to render quickly?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2010 12:25 AM   in reply to 1sagar

I am downloaded the trial version of master collection CS5 and I have been trying to render few animations in MPEG2 format.

See something? Now read this: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/mastercollection/faq/ (Trial Information). Does that ring a bell? Or, to spell it out: Since trials don't have any MPEG features, whatever you do is handled via other third-party CoDecs and any performance shortcomings will have to be attributed to those. Unrelated to anything CS4 or otherwise Adobe.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2010 12:46 AM   in reply to Mylenium

In addition to Mylenium's warnings about the lack of MPEG-2 support in the trial version, have a look at the FAQ entry about performance:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/543440

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2010 11:22 AM   in reply to 1sagar

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2010 11:38 AM   in reply to 1sagar

If you're just messing around, there's no reason to use MPEG-2, anyway. It has its place---such as in making DVD video---but it's an older and not very efficient way of encoding and compressing video.

What output format and codec you choose depends on what you're going to do with the video. If, for example, you're going to put the video on the Web, try F4V (which is H.264 video in a Flash video container).

Please, if you're just starting out, begin at the beginning and work your way through the materials here:

"Getting started with After Effects"

It'll make your life easier, and it'll help you to ask questions here.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points