• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox 3.66 and Flash 10.1.53.64 Crash Constantly

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the install it crashes constantly.. sometimes it could go for awhile with no problems, other times like tonight it'll crash like 6 times in 2 minutes. Doesn't seem to be a certain website either. Could be YouTube, could be MySpace, could be some other site.

I use Windows XP Media Center with latest updates, 32 bit, 2GB memory.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you haven't turned off the hardware acceleration feature then I would suggest you do that. Go to youtube and as soon as the video starts, right click on it and you should see a Display Setting; UNcheck the hardware acceleration.

It is also recommended to update your graphic and video drivers to the latest versions. You may see an improvement by just turning off the hardware acceleration feature.

See if this helps.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2010 Jul 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest video drivers.

I went to YouTube and turned off hardware acceleration as you said.. does that do it for all websites? Because the first website I went to, which is a chat site with video says "The Adobe Plugin Has Crashed" and I can send a report. Also, I went to a game website, armorgames.com, and there was a popup window.. in that window it had the plugin has crashed message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since turning off hardware acceleration, it's crashed 4 times within the past few minutes. It's always like this since updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, well I went to Firefox and you can see what I searched for and the search result was 1,001 results for "Flash Player with 3.6.6" I read a few of the results and the users are not happy. They have tried everything, don't want vs 3.6.4 or 3.6.6.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/search?qs=s&q=Flash+Player+crashing+with+3.6.6

Firefox 4 beta is out. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/beta/

Another thread was having the same problem or worse. He Uninstalled Flash Player 10.1, Installed with the offline Installer, Installed the Firefox 4 beta and last report no crashes and he also turned off the hardware acceleration.

I know some users on the forum here went back to Firefox 3.6.3.

I don't use FF, so can't suggest anything other than info.

Hope you get it solved.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would not think it is per website, since the feature is turned ON by default with 10.1. The user then has the option to turn it off. So it is the Flash Player that is crashing, correct? Not the Firefox browser?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines