Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Process firing duplicate events

Level 2

I have configured a rights management process in 8.2 Livecycle to trigger off a document's events.

I am trying to understand what causes an event to be processed multiple times. My process is triggering the same event (exact same event id) multiple times within seconds (1 or 2) of one another. This does not happen for every event, but it happens often enough to be an issue.

I see there is a transaction timeout. I am using the default. Not sure what that is...

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on what I may need to adjust?

5 Replies

Employee

Is this an event related to an anonymous user doing something with a document?

Level 2

Any idea why this is occurring? This is still an issue. The exact same event_id is triggering a workflow process multiple times within seconds of one another. This does not happen for all events. There does not seem to be a pattern to this occurrence.

Thanks in advance.

Former Community Member

Hey,

I had a similar issue with LiveCycle ES 8.2, where in the exact same Event ID triggers a workflow process multiple times. Could you please confirm couple of things. Does your process orchestration involve multiple process invocations? Does your Service has multiple invocations from any sub process?

If at all the answer above is no, then, there has been a patch release with SP3, (3.19) that is related to that (it is a mandatory patch with Sp3.), I am not sure what version of LiveCycle ES you are running with, but related to the duplicate Event ID triggering for same process,if you are running with LiveCycle ES 8.2 GM or Sp1, these patches (Sp3,3.19,3.06), I reckon resolves this issue.

I would request you to contact the Adobe Technical Support with your Process Workflow sample to replicate the behavior with the correct environment specification for this confirmation, although, I reckon this is the issue and the patch should resolve the issue, but the confirmation is vital.

If at all you are running with LiveCycle ES2, (with the latest Service Pack), I would request you to again contact the Adobe Technical Support, since, this is just not the ideal behavior for the Events to generate a duplicate ID for the same process until unless there is a issue with the workflow orchestration design.

Cheers!!

Pushkar

Level 2

Thank you for the response. The behavior and scenario you describe match the issue I am facing, but I have already applied the patches that you recommend.

Thanks again for the contribution.