• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to integrate captivate quiz with my flex application.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to flex. I want to integrate flex application with captivate quiz. I could not find good documentation for this. Can any one please give me some url to find good documentation or some example. Thank you
TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please explain what do you want to do with captivate quiz?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your concern.

I am going to develop flex application which lets the students to take quiz. The questions type can be MCQ or short answer questions. For the short answer questions i store the students given answer in data base. For some short questions student may upload some file. I know that captivte quiz out put is a swf file. I want to access particular question in this swf file. I do not know it is possible me to access particulare question in this swf file. How ever to achieve my goal i need more control on this swf file. Please tell me if those are possible or not. If those are possible tell me the location where can i find help material. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can access your Captivate swf from Flex or Flash or JS using Captivate variables. There are numerous Captivate system variables that you can access to achieve your purpose. For the complete list of System variables and their description, you may refer to Captivate Help or this page

To access Captivate variables, your Flash/Flex code will have to be something like the one below.

Here, I have an user variable called testing in my Captivate swf and I am accessing it using ActionScript.

----------------

import flash.display.Loader;

import flash.events.Event;

import flash.net.URLRequest;

var ldr:Loader = new Loader();

ldr.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,loadedSWF);

ldr.load(new URLRequest("var_test.swf"));

function loadedSWF(evt:Event):void

{

trace("testing = "+ldr.content.root.testing);

}

---------------

Note that you have to access the Captivate variable using <loader_name>.content.root.<variable_name>

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content you sent me was really helpful. Thank you

Janaka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested in using FLEX to create a widget that I load INTO a Captivate project. How would that change this approach?

Also, I've attempted to build a Flex 4 project (sdk 4.1) with this code, and it's generating the following errors:

Description
Resource
Path
LocationType

1119: Access of possibly undefined property testing through a reference with static type flash.display:DisplayObject
Cp5Widget.mxml /Cp5Widget2/srcline 26Flex Problem
1120: Access of undefined property ldrCp5Widget.mxml /Cp5Widget2/srcline 20Flex Problem
1120: Access of undefined property ldrCp5Widget.mxml /Cp5Widget2/srcline 21Flex Problem
1120: Access of undefined property loadedSWFCp5Widget.mxml /Cp5Widget2/srcline 20Flex Problem

I've created the var_text.swf by creating a CP5 project that has the variable with a pre-defined value, and a button to set a new value.

Unfortunately, the project doesn't appear to load due to the errors present.

If you could find time to post a couple sample files, it may help us beginners!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wrote a blog on how to integrate captivate with flex. It makes captivate very powerful, In my application I have created UIs and other comps in flex along with captivate

http://riajava.blogspot.com/2011/03/embeding-captivate-files-into-flex.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any updates on how to circumvent the access to undefined property? The suggested method kind of doesn't work (at least when applied literally).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources