Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this product dead already?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please elaborate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

Flash Builder 4 was released in March 2010.

We just shipped an update to Flash Builder (4.0.1) which added support for Flex 4.1, AIR 2 and Flash Player 10.1.

We are currently working on the next version of the product, code named "Burrito".

So, in short, the answer to your question is no. Let me know if you have specific questions about the future of Flash Builder and Flex SDK.

Thanks,

Andrew

Senior Product Manager, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the update, but my intensions when purchasing the product were to build apps for Android. I was able to finally get the hello sample to run still (Beta)... but I read about Slider (I just read that was dead) Im reading about Hero but that could be a year or more. So it seems I can use Flash Builder 4 to make apps but only using Action Script and with limitations. If thats so I do not need FB4, I would just be writing in AS.

Thanks

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Support for the upcoming release of Flex SDK "Hero" will be provided by a new version of Flash Builder, code named "Burrito". We have not yet announced pricing and availability for this release - you can expect to hear more about these versions at Adobe MAX later this year.

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have used Flex 3 and Flex 4  for about 10 sites of the last year.   I am not impressed with Flex 4 because of the lack of a designer tool. They did not upgrade all the components which tells me they released to early.

As far as Catalyst, I am undecided. As a designer they need to address all that are components that are in Flex as well as data connections for live data during the design work. In the real world work will go back and forth between Catalyst and Flex. If they are not going to add design capabilities into Flex, than they need to add the ability to open Flex components in Catalyst to enhance design work. Very few companies are going to work the way they have set it up, (Designer - Illustrator, PhotoShop, Catalyst) to (Developer - Flex, Flash). Again back and forth between applications is a must.

As far as data, I think they need to add Java capabilities into the package and enhance all widgets. Why did they remove the datagrid editing. I like the form generator but in some cases a simple inline edit is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines