• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 - Button On Success Open URL or file not working

Participant ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is probably a really obvious answer to this question but for I just can't seem to get this to work.

I created a new Captivate 5 project with one slide. On that slide I added button. When I selected that button's properties and scrolled down to the ACTION tab, I saw a drop-down for "On Success". By default its set to "Continue" but I want this button to open a new webpage in a new browser window. So I selected Open URL or file from the drop-down menu, typed in "http://www.adobe.com/" and "new" in the triangle box to the right of the URL field. My attempts are defaulted to Infinite.

When I publish this project, the slide plays, and pauses at the correct time, but nothing happens when I click the button. No new browser window opens. Heck, I don't even go to http://www.adobe.com/ in the same window.

Am I doing this incorrectly? It seems fairly straight-forward.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Have you tested it from a web server?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tested it from a web server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you get any security settings warning dialog when you lauch the SWF? If so please make sure that you trust the captivate SWF which you are viewing.

This can be done on the FP security settings here.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

This of course would not happen when launch the SWF from a web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did get a security warning when I played the project locally, but I trusted it. At that point though, the button didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to work once it's on a web server.

Thank you for that advice. You would think that little bit of knowledge would be in the Captivate Help documentation (or if it is, be a little easier to find).

Does it mean that this  functionality completely breaks if the course is ever delivered locally?

-IGITI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Indeed things may not work if you deliver locally. Just a hazard of security. There are workarounds though.

You might benefit by reading the list of Frequently Encountered Issues at the link below:

Click here to read

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources