• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 10.1 video quality problem

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I installed this version of flash player, the quality of streamed video has been absolutely horrible (Mostly on youtube and hulu).  Many of the videos should be in HD quality but are pixelated and fuzzy (especially when there is a lot of movement in the video) and it's appearance is similar to 240p or even worse. Shortly after having this issue, I unistalled the new update and reinstalled the previous version, which was more trouble than I expected, and the videos for the most part were fine. I eventually tried installed the latest update again and the problem is still there.  It's the same both in firefox and chrome and it makes videos almost unwatchable.

So what is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, many users have found improvement by turning off the hardware acceleration which is turned on by default with the FP 10.1. Just right click on a youtube video and change the Setting, Display Settings Panel.

Also it is recommended to update graphic and video drivers to the latest versions. Whether you need to do this you would know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That definitely did help with the distortion, particularly the part that was occuring from the motion in the video but it is all still very pixelated. Much more so than it was before.  Could that be something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, other than updating the drivers, I haven't heard of anything else. You can read some info on this here:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help01.html

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines