• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CANNOT OPEN FLASHPLAYER ON MY PC EVEN THOUGH IT'S INSTALLED

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning...I have installed Adobe Flash Player 10 Active X, but it doesn't show up in my Programs under the Start tab.  However, it

it does show up when I go under Settings/Control Panel/Uninstall.  So, under Uninstall, I am able to unstall it but it just doesn't show up as an actual program and will not open up to use it on my pc.  Can you help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am again trying to get a reply back to my original

forum question from your Adobe customer service staff.

I spoke with an Adobe rep this a.m. who directed me to this site and showed me how to submit this email to you.  She said that I'd get a response in one half hour, however my Customer Order #188556906 has still not bee resolved.  Please respond back as I'd really like to be able to use Adobe FlashPlayer on my pc.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that it needs an update or on the other hand it could be that your application is not recogniozing the adobe flashplayer. Try to uninstall both and install again. Hope it works coz thats what I did last time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also think that this flashplayer doesnt really need to be shown there coz the purpose of it is to be able to view flash files on internet...like the ones which are .flv format. You must have been asked to download it when u visited a website. I'm sure you are able to use that website now. That's all this flashplayer is for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It seems to be working for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri9, Do you have Flash Player working now? Just a bit of info. Flash Player is listed in Add/Remove or Programs and Features via Control Panel as you found out. There is an ActiveX Control in the IE browser under manage add ons that works with your Installed Flash Player files. It is Shockwave Flash Object and must be there and Enabled. If you are using  Firefox or other non-IE browsers, then there is a SWF plug-in with the Flash Player version number with it and it must be Enabled also.

You can test your Flash Player version here and if you are able to see the animation then Flash Player is Installed. This site will also show you the version number.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Hope this gives you a little more understanding on Flash Player.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for helping me get knowledgeable on Flash Player!  It is now

totally installed and working great!

You were wonderful to take the time to help me...THANKS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Terri9, Thanks for replying back. They say knowledge is power, so now you have a little more power

Glad Flash Player is working nicely for you!!!

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines