Skip navigation
dhazeghi
Currently Being Moderated

How to disable distortion correction for micro 4/3 lens

Jul 7, 2010 7:36 PM

Hello,

I have an Olympus E-P2 and Panasonic 14-45mm lens.  Adobe Lightroom 3 and Photoshop CS5 appear to be performing some very heavy-handed distortion correction at the wide-end of the zoom (running the file through a different raw converter yields dramatically different results at the edges).  This is without selecting any lens profile or enabling manual correction.  How can I disable this?

Thanks,

Dara

P.S. Strangely, ACR 6 is not doing any correction of chromatic aberration.  Given that the system is set up to try and fix distortion and vignetting automatically, it would make a lot of sense to fix CA too.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2010 11:44 PM   in reply to dhazeghi

Hi Dara,

This post http://forums.adobe.com/message/2930676#2930676 might answer your question.

-Simon

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2010 7:33 AM   in reply to simonsaith

The distortion correction is applied automatically based on the available metadata (from the camera + lens system). The resulting shape of the image should closely match the result of shooting JPEGs. It cannot be disabled in CR/LR.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2010 5:19 PM   in reply to dhazeghi

Your could try using another converter that doesn't apply the corrections, then import the resulting TIFF into CR/LR. I don't really suggest that approach, though.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points