• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get Flash Player to work...

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash stopped working today. I was checking my apps on Facebook and it was fine, then I switched to a different app, and suddenly it said that Flash had crashed. Several refreshes didn't fix the problem, so I went to the Adobe website. It said that I don't have Flash installed, even though I know that I do. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it still didn't work. I've uninstalled/reinstalled three times now, rebooting each time. Each install is successful (as in I don't get any error messages during the installation) but it STILL won't work.

I'm not very techy, so I'm not sure what else to try. I've looked at the support section and the FAQ, but none of it seems to address the problem of the program installing just fine but not working anyway. I'm not getting any error messages at all, other than the apps loading with a mostly blank screen that tells me to download Flash. Which I've done several times now. I'm just going in circles, and it's getting very frustrating.

I use Windows Vista and Firefox. Help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html - what does it tell you (Your Player Version)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says WIN 10,1,53,64. I opened a new tab to check to see if Flash was working on my apps, and it said that Flash had crashed. I clicked back to the tab where I'd opened the link you posted, and instead of that number, it was another "Flash has crashed" error message. Reopened the page in a new tab, and the number was back. This is wierd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for a response I randomly tried to load Farmville, and now it's working. Even though I haven't done anything since I posted the question. So...yeah. Guess the problem has resolved itself, somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it when computer problems solve themselves...

Come back in case the crash reoccurs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I neverhad any trouble until today..when all of a sudden, I'm playing a game on Facebook and the screen goes blank..says "Adobe flash player plugin has crashed"...then it has me send a report to firefox..fat lot of good that does. So I went to the adobe page to see if i had the latest version installed and it tells me i am MISSING a plug in..so they go ahead and install THAT. Tells me my plug in has been installed, yadda yadda. So I go back to the game i was on and it works fine for about an hour and then the plug in "crashes" again. I have the latest flash player installed..all my plugs in are up to date..what do i do now..can anybody advise? Should I just uninstall and reinstall the whole thing? If so, how do i get all the neccessary plug ins back? please please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you may want to look in the plug-ins for SWF vs 10.1.53.64 and make sure it is Enabled.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found out Firefox updated itself on my computer without even TELLING me..so I went to the link on Adobe that explained why the 3.6.4 was messing up flashplayers and ..and then it said the 'NEW" UPDATE RELEASED TUESDAY..was going to fix everything and be BETTER and all..yeah, right. Flashplayer still crashed this morning. So I had to go and upload the old 3.6.3 version again..the only one that will work on my computer with the flashplayer. Do I have to keep getting rid of Firefox's stupid updates every time they have one that messes up??? Or is there any way to keep them from doing it..something in "tools"? I've had a few people tell me that the new update "fixed" the flashplayer problems for them. Well, thats good and I'm happy for them, but it just caused me problems just like the 3.6.4. did!!! I am not one happy camper about this at all!!!!!

JANET

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:33:56 -0600

To: janking79@hotmail.com

Subject: Can't get Flash Player to work...

Hi, you may want to look in the plug-ins for SWF vs 10.1.53.64 and make sure it is Enabled.

Thanks,

eidnolb

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't blame you for being upset, I would be too. That is why I don't have automatic updates for Windows or any other program. Surprised that FF would do that, unless you have to have automatic updates turned off. I'm sure there is a way to do that. Not having FF on my system, I don't know where it is to do that. You may want to go to the Firefox or Mozilla website. The info should be there.

Hope you can find it. If I come acrossed it I'll post it to you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have since figured it out by going to tools and options and then unclicking the box that says "update automatically" or something or other..LOL..I really do like Firefox when it is working right..I have tried IE and Chrome..and IE is too slow for me and Chrome, I just couldn't understand..Firefox keeps warning me that "for security reasons" I should update..but I trust my Internet Security program and I think thats just a load of BS. I would like to contact Mozilla and tell them WHY I don't want their updates and explain about the flash player giving me problems still..but I can't find any way to contact them except through forums, etc. There is no email address and since I am hard of hearing, I can't call them..(not that they give any good numbers out anyway). Thanks for helping!

JANET

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:20:18 -0600

Hi, I don't blame you for being upset, I would be too. That is why I don't have automatic updates for Windows or any other program. Surprised that FF would do that, unless you have to have automatic updates turned off. I'm sure there is a way to do that. Not having FF on my system, I don't know where it is to do that. You may want to go to the Firefox or Mozilla website. The info should be there.

Hope you can find it. If I come acrossed it I'll post it to you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jan, I saw your post come in but could not get to you. Well, I'm glad you found how to turn the auto update off. I'm sure it was ON by default:-), aren't they always? LOL I don't know about you but I sometimes think this "Security" is carried to extremes. I told someone today that I still use IE6 and would rather have the freedom that it gives me and let my Security take care of the "it's full of holes!! the sky is falling!!  You are going to Die, I tell you if you don't upgrade your browser!! It is really funny, only people that use IE6 would know what I'm talking about. Ha-Ha I use the Microsoft site a lot for researching and I am bombarded with "Upgrade to IE8" "Upgrade to IE7"

I know you can hardly contact any by phone. That's one thing I give a ton of credit to Microsoft for, they have contact by email, phone and most likely snail mail:-) Some of these other companies would do good to follow their example.

When I read on the Firefox site last week about the 3.6.6 it didn't say anything about security, it was only about the timeout feature. Unless they have updated again.

Later,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yeah, every once in a while theres a little warning packaged in a box "Firefox strongly advises you to update for stability and security reasons"..Stability? None of their updates are STABLE..LOL..when i first got a computer, i downloaded every update i saw because i was scared to death not to, now I know better. I picture a bunch of people sitting around in the Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc..offices.."Hey Carl, you bored?".."yeah"...."Hey, just for kicks, lets update something!"..."Yeah, and add a warning that they better download it or their computer will self destruct!"...."Cool!"....LOL...(probably not far from the truth, really..)

JANET

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 20:12:15 -0600

Hi jan, I saw your post come in but could not get to you. Well, I'm glad you found how to turn the auto update off. I'm sure it was ON by default:-), aren't they always? LOL I don't know about you but I sometimes think this "Security" is carried to extremes. I told someone today that I still use IE6 and would rather have the freedom that it gives me and let my Security take care of the "it's full of holes!! the sky is falling!! You are going to Die, I tell you if you don't upgrade your browser!! It is really funny, only people that use IE6 would know what I'm talking about. Ha-Ha I use the Microsoft site a lot for researching and I am bombarded with "Upgrade to IE8" "Upgrade to IE7"

I know you can hardly contact any by phone. That's one thing I give a ton of credit to Microsoft for, they have contact by email, phone and most likely snail mail:-) Some of these other companies would do good to follow their example.

When I read on the Firefox site last week about the 3.6.6 it didn't say anything about security, it was only about the timeout feature. Unless they have updated again.

Later,

eidnolb

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration with software update failures etc.

However, if the developers would not constantly update their products, we would all still sit on a computer with Windows 95 (or Windows 3.1), with no web browser, and no software that can practically do everything that we ever wanted.

Most software goes through a rigorous alpha & beta testing process before it is released to the public, but these tests are limited to a few thousand users, and when it finally hits the millions of public users - naturally there are a few more glitches to come out.

Two ways to avoid problems with software updates:

1. wait a few day with the update - see what other users experience
  2. do regular backups - easy to restore if an update fails

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan, ROFL!! That is too funny. We should write a short play about it:-) Sometimes it is just overkill. Patch Tuesday, Adobe, hotfixes, IE, and the rest of the browsers, then, wait for it......have you ever taken a look on Cnet at the daily list of all of the Anti-Virus/Spyware definition updates? I would like to know how many GB's of the hard drive is just for the Anti-Virus updates!! The software companies advancing technology I can understand and correcting a mistake, but some of the Security updates are mostly what I question. Do I really need a 7.2 MB update because there has been one or two reports by someone that saw a rain cloud that might pass by? Not that bad, but you know what I mean. I read stuff:-)

Well, I'm winding down.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2010 Jul 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the problem, but it's a bit more sporadic now. Sometimes, a single refresh will fix it. Sometimes I have to reload the page five or more times before it works. Sometimes refreshing doesn't fix it even when I try a dozen times, in which case I have to just wander off and try a few hours later.

I understand that there's bound to be glitches, especially with a free program. But when it crashes over and over for many people, it's a big problem. I've been having issues with Flash on and off for years now. I would have switched to another program if I had a choice, but it seems like everything relies on Flash nowadays. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.It seems that there is whole bunch of people getting these problems.As suggested by other experts,we can try rolling back to the old version of flash player.Teh problem is where to get it?

Follow the link to get the older versions for Flash Player:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html.

Suggestions welcomed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using IE or any other browser but Firefox, maybe thats a good idea to go to a previous version of Flashplayer. But if you are using firefox and have downloaded the last two updates, that may be your problem. I have been advising people who have Flashplayer problems  to download the 3.6.3 Firefox version...no problems with the flashplayer with that one. The last two Firefox Updates have caused major problems for thousands of Firefox users and until they REALLY fix the problem, I'm staying with the older version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trust me! This problem is not solving itself!

Thousands of people are experiencing these same problems and

have yet to have a tech or any rep from Adobe figure it

out. I think they came out with Flashplayer 10.1 when it

was not fully tested enough since Flashplayer 10

had security issues. Now... they are running around t

rying to figure it out and come up with a "patch" or

new plugin etc... They are hurting thier rep by

acting like they just now found out there's a problem

...*Check Google for

Flashplayer 10.1 forum

and see how many thousands of people are effected an

d are mad as H**l !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2010 Jun 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem. Flash player isn´working with the latest firefox version. So I installed 3.5.10 and it´s worked, a little slow but It´s working The only problem: I can use the older version of firefox only till august.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or you could install the older version of flash player 10.0 I was told that could work also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the firefox version 3.6.3 that I used to have BEFORE my problems with flashplayer and I haven't had a problem today since. It appears that the new firefox update is wreaking havoc...

JANET

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 01:08:42 -0600

I solved the problem. Flash player isn´working with the latest firefox version. So I installed 3.5.10 and it´s worked, a little slow but It´s working The only problem: I can use the older version of firefox only till august.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi janking56, well that is good to know. Glad you and Schnub.. checked on that aspect and maybe Sch can update to the version that you went back to and have a little more speed:-)

I think there needs to be an Update Law! Flash Player comes out with a major update on 6/10, Microsoft came out on 6/8 with a Patch Tuesday, Firefox comes out with a new browser update. It is no wonder everything is in a tither!!

Janet, I'm sure you can relate to this. You never start a baby with more than one new food at a time because if he has a reaction, you won't know which food caused it.

Thanks for at least a Firefox solution you two!!

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree...how can we keep up with all the updates and how do we know if by clicking on a certain update, that everything won't go haywire!! Why are all these updates necessary? It's enough to drive you nuts..and like you said..the baby has to get used to one type of food and you have to watch for any allergies before you introduce ANOTHER food..LOL

JANET

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 11:16:12 -0600

Hi janking56, well that is good to know. Glad you and Schnub.. checked on that aspect and maybe Sch can update to the version that you went back to and have a little more speed:-)

I think there needs to be an Update Law! Flash Player comes out with a major update on 6/10, Microsoft came out on 6/8 with a Patch Tuesday, Firefox comes out with a new browser update. It is no wonder everything is in a tither!!

Janet, I'm sure you can relate to this. You never start a baby with more than one new food at a time because if he has a reaction, you won't know which food caused it.

Thanks for at least a Firefox solution you two!!

eidnolb

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Janet, LOL What are the odds that these "Updaters" are not Mothers? ROFL

My opinion is the Updates for the most part are to correct mistakes in the last Update. Let's just be glad the Updaters don't handle our Taxes and Checkbooks:-)

When an Update makes things worse, then what's that all about? It would be better to get it right. Haste has always made waste. I'm sure we'll have another Update to fix this one; in fact I've already read on a blog that is the case!

I am sitting still, at least my system is working:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am happy that some people are at least finding temporary fixs to the "Flash Crash" issue. Like someone said about switching back to old version of firefox(*will only work till august)  If doctors or (oilmen) were like these software companys who would rather try first ask questions later!...seriously ! Why put untested products out there for us to be the "Guinee Pigs" for? Trust me I have better things to do then spend 100 hours playing computer detective! I have spent long late nights on every chat forum imaginable to try and solve this issue! The tops was Adobe not being able to help without $39.00!!! (*And its probably thier "FREE!!" Flash player causing all this!!!) Gave up my tv two months ago to watch shows and movies online...It was a lovely few weeks untill this fiasco! now i cannot watch "Youtube"or"ESPN3" and HULU "was" working fine..."Till last night!!!!" I was watching a few shows for a few hours last night ...then, That stupid promt i never want to see again pops up....Sorry you flash has crashed!!!!!!!!!!!  I GIVE UP!!!!!  How can "FREE" PRODUCTS cause so much devistation and havoc??? "FREE" my butt!!!!   AHHHHH!!!!!!!   SERENITY NOW!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines