Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export PDF to XML

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to export pdf to xml using Adobe Acrobat Professional.

I can export the data pretty nicely, but it is not exporting the headers/Footers from the PDF.

Is there a way to extract headers/footers of the pdf document?

Thanks

AJ.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF documents don't have "headers" or "footers" - it's all simply page content.

Also, you don't mention what method(s) you are using to export the XML and with what version of Acrobat and SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Irosenth,

Apology for incomplete information, I am using Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro.

And the way I am exporting it to xml is "File->Export->XML" or "File->SaveAs->xml"

Well, our pdfs are converted using some free java library, it a word document which has header & footer, and then it is converted into pdf using that java library.

So when I export that pdf to xml from adobe acrobat pro, I don't see header and footer value in the xml, rest all looks fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That area may be identified as an artifact, so it isn't getting exported. Without seeing a file, it's difficult to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually those are the Termsheet PDF,and they are confidential so I cannot share.

So there is no way to get data from artifact(if at all it is identifying as artifact)?

My purpose is to extract that data from pdf and validate against some expected data.

I tried couple of tools online which coverts pdf to word. but I dont find it worth comparing those converted word doc

And xml seems reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I attach a document here?

I have created a dummy pdf which has the header and footer as i said in my previous conversation.

also the xml exported out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DAJINKYA wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to export pdf to xml using Adobe Acrobat Professional.

I can export the data pretty nicely, but it is not exporting the headers/Footers from the PDF.

Is there a way to extract headers/footers of the pdf document?

Thanks

AJ.

Another way you can do that is to use EDI Link Connect. It can export data from a PDF (headers & footers included). The XML will be structured properly so you can immediately import into the program of your choice. Its intended for Business documents like Orders,Invoices,Shipping,Reports etc. I'm not sure if thats the type of PDFs you're looking for but if it is, that might be something to look at. Here is a link with more info:

Converting PDFs to XML with EDI Link:http://ecdynamics.com/pdf-conversion.php

as well as another article:

http://softertech.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/importing-pdfs-into-quickbooks-or-simply-accounting/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines