• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player keeps crashing

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I seem to be have the same issues a lot of people are having with flash games crashing browsers or turning off the computer.  I tried uninstalling and installing(rebooting) the new flash player several times, but still crashing.  I have the latest Firefox browser and Chrome and IE and happens on all of them.  I using Windows XP SP3.  Have an AthlonXP 3000+ computer with 1 GB of ram.  when I'm playing flash games it tends to spike my CPU resources up to 100% until it crashes.  Have window firewall and use AVG free (latest) for antvirus.  Didn't start crashing until the last update.  It also crashes when I'm playing offline flash games as well

anyhelp, or is adobe gonna soon update flash again

thanx

nadtribble

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things you could try

• disable hardware acceleration (Flash Player Settings);
  • update the device drivers for your graphics/video/display adapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HOW DO I DISABLE HARDWARE? TY PLEASE HELP I AM USING WINDOWS XP W/CHROME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hardware accelartion is dissabled and all my drivers are up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just wodering if adobe was going to address this issue and send out another update,  Not everyone can afford a new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if this is happening with all browsers, then I would disable the LinkScanner and SafeSearch that is part of AVG and see if that helps.

Also, using IE look for the Shockwave Flash Object in the Toolbars & Extensions under Show: currently loaded category and make sure it is Enabled.

Using FF, make sure the SWF vs 10.1.53.64 plug-in is Enabled.

Try that and let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2010 Jul 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the avg and made sure the flash was enabled, and even disabled some add-ons that i don't use all the time, and it is still crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well so far so good. Just make sure the Shockwave Flash is Object in the IE add ons. There is a Shockwave Flash that is for the Shockwave Player which is different from Flash Player. Just wanted to mention that.

Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash Open the Flash folder and post back the files listed there. The NPSWF files need a right click and then click on Properties in order to obtain the version numbers.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash10h.ocx .flashutul10h_ActiveX.dll . flashutul10-ActiveX.exe, flashutul10_Plugin.exe, and NPSWF32.DLL, AND IT IS THE VERSION 10.1.53.64 and there is a file called flashplayer.xpt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, It appears your Flash files for IE and non-IE are correct. If the add on pertaining to Flash Player is as I posted and the plug-in for FF is also, then you have Flash Player Installed correctly.

You have turned off the hardware acceleration and your drivers are up to date, the 2 add ons for AVG are disabled, then either other add ons are conflicting or the game sites are having an issue.

The only thing I can suggest is to use one browser, IE would be better to use. Disable all add ons except Shockwave Flash Object and enable one at a time until you find out which one is causing a problem. Then do the same with Firefox.

You may want to look over the troubleshooting guide that has been revised and see if your Security settings are correct.

I don't know what Anti-Virus you had Installed prior to AVG9+, but if it didn't Uninstall cleanly, that could be an issue.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if what i did but I also decided to vaccum out my computer.  Its not crashing anymore.  I feel kind of stupid if that was the solution, but I did almost all the things you told me to do as well.  This is an old computer (5 years) so that might of had something to do with it, but I just thought it was wierd that it only happened after the flash update.  Didn't say anything for a few days, cause i didn't want to jinx it  lol.  Hopefully it won't happen again.

thanx for your help eidnolb

nadtribble

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Well a little housecleaning is needed once in awhile:-) I doubt if that was the solution, but it will help your computer run better. The add ons that AVG Installs into the browser conflicts and I have seen that time and time again. It is not just AVG, it is almost all Anti-Virus programs that have the add ons. The Anti-Virus programs that don't Install add ons into the browsers aren't a problem. And that makes sense, since Flash Player is a browser plug-in.

My Desktop is older than yours and it's still humming along:-) Short on RAM, but I treat it gently.

Glad Flash Player is working for you, once you know your Flash files are correct along with the add ons (SWO & SWF) then it is always something else conflicting.

Thanks for posting back:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youtube was crashing all of the different browsers I tried. I tried everything and more to correct the problem (browsers, versions, updates, drivers, uninstall/re-install, disable everything, etc.) and eventually discovered I had Virtumonde infection. I ran smitrem and smitfraudfix and everything is now working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to say that I am also experiencing the same exact problem.  I also have Windows

XP SP3.  When the problem first started it was occassional, then after the first week it would happen daily, sometimes several times a day. I have since restored my computer to the original factory settings 3 times (which makes for some all nighters).  I thought it was after Adobe Reader or Flash Player was installed that the problems began so this last time I added things back on very slowly.  I began with windows updates and waited a few days.  Next, I added Trend Mirco and waited a few days.  Last night I added Adobe back on and sure enough it has started again.  When taking online classes and tests this is not a good thing.  What in the world am I to do now?  And let me add that cleaning out the computer to get the dust out was done early on and, of course, that was not the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Wavewatcher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ww, Sounds like a lot of work. Would you mind starting a thread? Add what browser and versions you are using and what exactly is happening. If we add additional posts on this thread, then the OP will receive an email notification everytime anyone posts. 

Pick any subject line you like and that will be easier to help you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

I posted a new thread under " Adobe Flash crashes all browsers" with the following:

I am running XP sp3 and everytime I tried to access a youtube video, my browser would crash, this included Chrome, IE and Firefox. I tried the usual install/reinstall, driver updates, utilities, etc.

I may have come up with the solution:

I discovered that my computer was infected with virtumonde. I followed the procedure for removing spylocked at http://www.pchell.com/support/spylocked.shtml I think I may have also had smitfraud. There are nice instructions for running Smitfraudfix at http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/109268-how-to-use-smitfraudfix/

In summary I ran smitrem, then ran smitfraudfix followed by Malwarebytes Antimalware followed by a registry cleanup using Glary utilies (all free programs) from Safemode. I rebooted and had some minor errors which were corrected when I ran Windows Updates and allowed the site to install the necessary files for the updates to work (BITS had been damaged).

Smitfraudfix may have been all that was needed, but I decided to do a full cleanup while I was at it. Please note that nothing was picked up by Norton, AVG or Bitdefender. Spybot Search and Destroy found Virtumonde and "removed it" but I think the problem was deaper than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running XP sp3 and everytime I tried to access a youtube video, my browser would crash, this included Chrome, IE and Firefox. I tried the usual install/reinstall, driver updates, utilities, etc.

I may have come up with the solution:

I discovered that my computer was infected with virtumonde. I followed the procedure for removing spylocked at http://www.pchell.com/support/spylocked.shtml I think I may have also had smitfraud. There are nice instructions for running Smitfraudfix at http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/109268-how-to-use-smitfraudfix/

In summary I ran smitrem, then ran smitfraudfix followed by Malwarebytes Antimalware followed by a registry cleanup using Glary utilies (all free programs) from Safemode. I rebooted and had some minor errors which were corrected when I ran Windows Updates and allowed the site to install the necessary files for the updates to work (BITS had been damaged).

Smitfraudfix may have been all that was needed, but I decided to do a full cleanup while I was at it. Please note that nothing was picked up by Norton, AVG or Bitdefender. Spybot Search and Destroy found Virtumonde and "removed it" but I think the problem was deaper than that.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines