Skip navigation
Fimbul_Fambi
Currently Being Moderated

What is Acrobat_com.exe and why is it on my computer?

Jun 24, 2010 5:09 PM

I installed updates for Acrobat Reader, Flash, and Shockwave.  Even though I did not ask for Acrobat_Com.exe or Air to be installed on my computer, they were.  I expect this kind of crap from less reputable companies, but not Adobe.  It wasn't bad enough that you advertized Adobe Air while I was installing the other products, but then you had to install it even though I expressly chose NOT to install it?

If you want me to try some product, tell me about it and why I would want it.  But I have way too much unasked for crap already to have it be installed during the installation of another product - WITHOUT EVEN BEING TOLD ABOUT IT.

So here is the question: What EXACTLY is Acrobat_com.exe and is it required for Reader, Flash or Shockwave in any way or was it just installed so that some markerting **** at Adobe could get a promotion?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2010 9:58 AM   in reply to Fimbul_Fambi

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear you were taken by surprise with the installation of the Acrobat.com AIR application. The Acrobat.com AIR app is currently bundled with Adobe Reader to provide you with an easy way to share your PDF files with Acrobat.com. The application is included with Reader simply as an option for increased interactivity with your PDF files, but is not required for Reader to open PDF files. It can be uninstalled easily by going to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel (on Windows) or dragging it to the trash (on Mac). We apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you.

Kind regards,

Rebecca

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2010 7:34 PM   in reply to Rebecca Staley

I have also installed flash player, adobe reader, shockwave and A

ir. Except I used acrobat.com and enjoyed it because of i

ts quick and easy access of being installed on my computer and shortcut on m desktop. I also hav

e other air application that I use. I had to format my computer and when I reinstalled

all these program acrobat.com wasn't installed automatically. I went on air marketplace

and couldn't find it to download. Is acrobat.com still an air application or can it only be accessed through internet browser/

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2010 12:01 PM   in reply to Albert_1992

Hello there,

Thank you for posting. At this time, we are recommending that all Acrobat.com users access the service through a browser. We apologize for any inconvenience, and will let you know when there is more information.

Kindest regards,

Rebecca

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2010 1:50 AM   in reply to Rebecca Staley

Thanks Rebecca... I was wondering why I couldn't load Acrobat.com from my desktop icon when it worked OK in the browser. I've now uninstalled Acrobat.com on Air pending (hopefully) an update :-)

...ian

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2011 7:37 AM   in reply to Fimbul_Fambi

There is Link Adobe Acrobat 9.4.1 for exe or msi? Please help me

Help me for silent instal to Adobe acrobat 9.4.1?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2011 9:40 AM   in reply to Rebecca Staley

Rebecca, How do it get this file off of my Windows laptop?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2014 10:09 AM   in reply to Gigvette

Go to control panel, click programs and fearures, or uninstall programs, whichever you see. It will populate a list, click on the program you wish to uninstall and it should start uninstalling.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points