Skip navigation
prodigy2007
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Air will not install on mac 10.4.11

Sep 28, 2009 11:52 AM

Hello,

I work for a company that has developed an adobe air app for our users. All have been working fine except for a few mac users can't get adobe air installed. I have walked them through several times and the installer never opens to perform the installation. I have tried sending the dmg file separately and also having them download directly from the adobe page but nothing will bring the installer up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I also have the crash log if anyone wants it.

Attachments:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 13, 2010 3:18 AM   in reply to prodigy2007

Hi,

I have absolutely the same problem with my PowerPC with OS X 10.4.11 but also like you I have no idea how to solve it.

:-(

//pyso

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,446 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jul 13, 2010 9:44 AM   in reply to prodigy2007

I'm sorry your users are running into problems with the runtime install.  Which version of the runtime are they trying to install?  If this is occuring with the AIR 2.0.2 runtime, please be aware that the system requirements are for operating systems greater than OS 10.5 and Intel only CPU's.

System Requirements

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,446 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jul 13, 2010 10:10 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

After further investigation, there's some question as to 10.4 support for the AIR 2 runtime.  We've been testing against 10.4 internally, so it should be working.  In either 10.4 or PPC, we should never be crashing when attempting to install.  I'll ask one of our installer experts to follow up.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2010 6:46 PM   in reply to prodigy2007

What version of AIR are you installing?

Can you capture installation logging and post? Run installer again and see what the log captures.

For AIR 1.5 and earlier: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403123.html

For AIR 2.0 and higher: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83989.html

There is one thing you might try.  Sometimes the langauage lists on 10.4.11 gets corrupt which affects the installer.  Try resetting the language list by adding/removing a language or reordering the list and then return to original setting.

Steps:

-Go to System Preferences and select International.

-If you have more than one langauge on the list, reorder the bottom langauages by dragging one on top of other.  Leave your top langauge alone (ENGLISH).

OR

-Click Edit button and check or uncheck a language to add or remove.

-Click OK

I suggest to restart system and then try installer again.

Please note :  AIR version 2.0 and greater are not supported on PPC.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2010 5:08 AM   in reply to pyskoluk

I have a PowerPC running OS 10.4.11 - had been using Adobe Air until I had to clean install system & lost it.  After much searching I finally found access to version 1.5.3 and have successfully installed it today.  This is where I found it:     http://mac.wareseeker.com/download/adobe-air-1.5.3.rar/c45a5e758  I hope the link works for you.  I scrolled down to where it says Download location for Adobe AIR 1.5.3 & clicked on 'External download mirror' to download it. It took a while to install, but I have it. Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,446 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Dec 6, 2011 4:03 PM   in reply to Hawthorn3

You can also get archived versions of AIR here: Archived Adobe AIR Runtime and SDK Versions

Chris

alert.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points