• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FP10.1 crash consistently across browsers on allow webcam

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a Sony VAIO VPC-EB1SE notebook running Windows 7 64-bit and have noticed that SWF content accessing the webcam crashes the browser. It happens when I click the allow button, also when I go to the webcam dialog in settings and click the image it crashes.

This happens consistently across all browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera.

I've been researching the issue and have tried the various workarounds suggested. I have cleared local shared objects, set the storage to unlimited, I've renamed the bluetooth driver (BtwVdpCapFilter.dll) that in some cases seems to cause the issue, I've disabled hardware acceleration. I have updated the Sony driver that was linked to: http://dlv.update.sony.net/pub/vaio/download/EP0000166578/EP0000166578.exe

None of these things have helped out. I have no other issues with Flash Player 10.1 that crash the browser except for accessing the webcam. I've tried rolling back to Flash Player 9 and that enables the webcam to be used in all browsers without crashing. Obviously though I'd like to be able run the latest Flash Player version.

Would appreciate any pointers to help resolve this!

- Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2010 Aug 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem.

After some tests,I think it is caused by the collision between  flash and virtual camera which is binded with Skype.

You can just uninstall the virtual camera, and the problem is solved.

But I do not know why flash collides with virtual camera.

Hope this will help you!

Lynn Hogan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines