Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

Help - Chrome Now Shows Adobe Fora @ 1/2 Size

Aug 10, 2010 8:40 AM

Not sure if this is the fodder of this forum, but until pointed in another direction, I am posting my problem.

Using Chrome (for about 1 year now) on XP-Pro PC. Suddenly yesterday (Aug 09), the display of the Adobe fora shrunk. I now see al bodyl text at about 4 pt. type. Everything is shrunken, and by about 1/2, or a little more. Other pages/fora display as always and the Adobe fora show up in IE properly sized. It is only Chrome and Adobe fora, where this display anomaly appear.

I cannot rule out OE on my part, as things were just fine yesterday and as soon as I posted one reply, when the display came back to the thread - it was shrunken.

The font sizes are as always, and this affects everything, including the toolbar, graphics, everything.

I have looked in the Tools section of Chrome for something to affect display, but cannot find it. Again, this is ONLY with the Adobe fora, and ONLY in Chrome.

Does anyone have any ideas, or places to check?

All other displays, including all Adobe programs, work just fine, and exactly as before. This seems totally isolated.

TIA,

Hunt

PS - I am now going blind trying to read the 3 - 4 pt. displayed type!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 10, 2010 9:07 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I use MS Internet Explorer (XP Pro at work, Win7 64bit at home) and have not noticed anything unusual in size... still full screen as always

Of course, I've seen some people's screen names go "wonky" lately, so clearly something odd (well, more odd than usual for these forums) is happening

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2010 9:21 AM   in reply to John T Smith

view> zoom? or somthing similar? i don't have chrome here but that's what it is in FF. in ie6 it's view> text size...

or hold CRTL and roll your mouse wheel up and down...

or CRTL+ and CRTL- (hold control and try plus and minus)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2010 9:41 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Sorry, but I don't see your shrinking effect in Firefox/Mac, Explorer/Win7 or Safari/Win7. And I am usingas usual a font that is known to be much easier to read on screen than Arial, and at a larger size this time for your benefit, in case you are still experiencing the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2010 4:21 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I just installed Chrome on my Win XP Pro box and am using it right now. So far, everything looks OK. Let's see what happens once I have posted.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2010 4:23 PM   in reply to John Cornicello

Looks OK. Anyone else seeing this happen?

chrome.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points