• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After editing an assessment in Captivate 4, file crashes to a purple screen

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was tasked with editing an 81 question (109 screen) assessment built in Captivate 3. After converting the file to Captivate 4, I made mostly minor edits, and added one screen/question. After publishing the project, now when I try to test it out almost any kind of interactivity with the assessment causes the project to crash and go to this purple screen:

crash screen.png

Reaching this screen means it's over--the only option is to start back at the beginning. Obviously, this won't work!

I cannot figure out what's causing this issue. The problem didn't start until after I converted the file and made my edits--it previously ran just fine.

The dreaded purple screen seems to happen at random, and sometimes I can get through the entire assessment without any crashing at all.

Everything looks normal as far as I can tell. The main thing I have done to problem solve is to reduce the size of the file by cleaning up the library--the designer who built this project used repetitive files for background images, so I reused the three basic background types and eliminated the rest, cutting the file size nearly in half.

I need help! I am at my wits end! This is my first time using Captivate 4, but the program is familiar to me.

Can anyone help me? PLEASE?!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I never did find a resolution within Captivate itself to fix the problem.

And, no one ever responded here with any advice. So, I just went another route entirely.

I rebuilt the assessment in Perception, and imbedded the Captivate SIMS to run within Perception.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources