• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Flash Error on FireFox Browser

New Here ,
May 04, 2006 May 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated my FireFox browser and Shockwave/Flash media plugs I've had nothing but problems. Everytime I go to a site such as MySpace, upon loging in, or reviewing someones profile.. I recieve an error that says:

"Illegal Operation in Plug-in

Shockwave Flash

The plug-in performed an illegal operation. You are strongly advised to restart FireFox.

[ ] Don't show this message again during this session."

I have tried everything I know of to fix this issue and have come up short. Anyone else having this problem? Know how to correct it? Unfourtantly, if I ignore the issue after a few more webpages, FireFox locks up and needs to be rebooted (the process shows FireFox still running, and it has to be manually shut down).

Thanks in advance ya'll,
ErrorProof

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2006 May 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem especially when going to myspace. I tried reinstalling both firefox and flashplayer and have not had any success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no problems accessing MySpace websites using Firefox with Flash 7, although I would be better if I were using Flash 8. What is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest Flash, Flash 8. Ever since that upgrade, error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but that doesn't answer my question. What operating system are you using? Windows? Mac? Linux?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2006 May 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows XP and flash player 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2006 May 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP home + Flash 8 + Latest Mozilla Firefox web browser. Iexplorer - gives me no error regarding Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see how people switching to Firefox will mean they no longer have
any problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2006 May 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been wrestling with this problem for many months. I've tried the Flash uninstaller, I've tried installing the newest Flash, I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox. The only way I've made the error go away is by installing Flash 6 but many sites now won't load because they say I need the most recent version of Flash.

I run Windows XP and Firefox 1.5.0.3 and I get the same nearly every time I browse a site with a Flash movie. One site that is almost guaranteed to make the error occur is http://www.gh3d.com.

Keep replying to bump this issue until it is fixed. Adobe please help us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2006 May 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Keep</a> replying to bump this issue until it is fixed. Adobe please help
> us!

This is not a direct line to Adobe .. they won't respond. If you want help,
call them. This is a forum for people who use Flash Player .. not for
getting support. All you are doing if you keep bumping is being a pain for
other people like yourself. Please don't !
--
Jeckyl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2006 May 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the problem has something to do with Firefox 1.5.0.3, Flash 8.0.24, and ActiveX? But so far nothing seems to work other than going to an old version of Firefox or and old version of Flash. Firefox says if't Adobe's problem, and Adobe says it's Firefox's problem. So, in otherwords, it won't get fixed for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just downloaded firefox last night and tryed to go to a site that used flashplayer 8 (when I used IE) but it does not even download to my computer. Not in my add/remove folder either. I may just go back to using IE if this is another problem with flashplayer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines