Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find CFML template for custom tag SELECTDATE

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2010 Aug 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not a ColdFusion developer and just moved a site from one server to another. That site is developed by someone else not me and I just moved the site to ColdFusion server. Site is working fine except a few pages where I am getting this error:

Cannot find CFML template for custom tag SELECTDATE

I read a little bit about custom tags. These are files that needs to be placed in a certain folder from where ColdFusion reads them.

So that means I will need to ask the developer who developed this site to provide me with this custom tag file, which when I will place in appropriate folder, this page will start working? And without that file I cannot do anything about it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2010 Aug 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume the site was working fine before you moved it?  In which case all you need to do is to check the initial server's custom tag paths (in CF Administrator), and make sure you have replicated those settings on the new server,  as well as copy any additional files as required.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to identify custom tag files? I mean may be the site I have contain custom tag files and I don't know about it? In this case I will just set its path in ColdFusion administrator and it will work!

Do these files have a certain extension? Or a certain naming convention for .e.g since this custom tag is "selectdate" so its file must be by this name?

How do I identify a custom tag file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Identifying a custom tag file is hard because it is simply just another .cfm file.  If they are not in a designated place, you almost have to open every file and hope for some documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Dan says, they're just CFM files.  Usually one can identify them as follows:

* they're in the same directory as a file calling <cf_somefilename[...]>, wherein there is a somefilename.cfm is the name of the file

* they're in one of the directories set as custom tag directories (in CFAdmin, or Application.cfc)

* they have references to "thistag" or the attributes scope in them (although the latter can produce false positives on Fusebox sites)

By the sounds of it, your issue is - like I said before - you haven't got your custom tag dirs set up in CFAdmin (or in Application.cfc, which I didn't mention before).  Investigate that.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation