Macintosh Adobe Acrobat 8.2.4 (CS3) for Macintosh is unable to launch after applying the Acrobat 8.2.4 Update via the auto-update mechanism in the product.
This issue appears only to impact only the version of Adobe Acrobat 8.2.4 (CS3) for Macintosh that is included with the Adobe Creative Suite 3.
Adobe has released a new Acrobat 8.2.4 Update via the auto-update mechanism for Adobe Acrobat 8.2.3 (CS3) for Macintosh. Adobe recommends that you check for updates by choosing Help>Check for Update from the Adobe Acrobat menu bar. You will be prompted to install all Adobe Acrobat product updates to version 8.2.4.
If your system has Adobe Acrobat 8 which came with any of the CS3 suite and updating on Adobe Acrobat 8.2.4 (CS3) for Macintosh started giving you “Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional cannot be launched at this time. You must launch at least one other suite component...” as described in the kb article http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/861/cpsid_86169.html , the utility can be used to patch the corrupt files in Acrobat 824 that are causing the failure.
- Double click ‘AcroFix824_Delivery.dmg’ to mount the disc image
- Open the mounted disc image and double click AcroFix824 utility to run it
- Browse to ‘Adobe Acrobat Professional’ application to be patched from ‘Choose a File dialog’
- Enter the admin credentials in authenticate dialog
- Wait for the files to be patched
- Click OK when the utility notifies with ‘Patched Successfully’ message
If your installation of Adobe Acrobat 8.x for Macintosh was not part of the Adobe Creative Suite 3 installation you can manually update your application via the Downloads Acrobat for Macintosh Downloads page.
If you have Adobe Reader 8.x for Macintosh installed, you can manually update update your application via the Downloads Adobe Reader for Macintosh Downloads page.