Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Certification Exam

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How many of you are planning to take Adobe Photoshop CS5 Certification Exam? Unfortunately still Adobe has not launched the new version of Certification - http://partners.adobe.com/public/ace/main.html

Any annotations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Out now:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/ace/main.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative1977 wrote:

So?

Oh, did you need an answer?

I am not planning to do it.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the lack of answers speaks loudly enough here.

However, only you can judge if it's worthwhile for YOU.

I suppose under some conditions having Adobe certifications listed on your resumé could be an advantage.  Perhaps you should ask yourself if it will help you specifically with a particular upcoming job search.  Are you failing to get job offers?

Perhaps the question for the forum(s) should be, "Would you hire me over someone else to work on graphics/images in your shop if I had this certification and the someone else didn't?"  That might evoke answers from the people you really want to hear from.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up certifications for lent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I definitely plan on taking the CS5 certification. This will be my first time doing the ace certification so I see no point taking it for CS4. Only problem is there hasn't been any word on when the certification tests for CS5 will be released! It says on the website that your certification for previous versions is "invalid" (though I'm not sure what they mean by invalid!) after 90 days from when the newest version has been released. Also there isnt a whole lot of content out there to learn from (besides the adobe website) for studying purposes.

Does anyone know when we will be able to take the certification for CS5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as i know, the Photoshop CS5 exams will be made available in August. As for learning material, you really don't need anything other than the online Help Files and the Prep Guide PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zeno,

Great News! So how did you get to know that Photoshop CS5 Certification will be made available in August? But however, thanks a lot for this info.

Well - Where can we find Preparation Guide PDF? I would suggest “Pass4sure” could be an ideal product to prepare for Certification. Personally I used Pass4Sure to prepare for CS2 and passed it with Flying Colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how i know:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/658103?tstart=0

(too bad that the question was posted in the wrong forum:P)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2010 Jul 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you think that august would be too early, Zeno?

It usually takes Adobe about 6 months for ACE exams after the release of the software (as far as I remember CS4 exams started appearing in febr/march 2009). Unless they changed it now and will start releasing exams earlier?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't know as i don't have much experience with the ACE exams (only took it once, for Photoshop CS4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't worry about the exams. They come out one by one and it takes even up to 8-9 months after the software release, so we may expect Photoshop CS5 exams around september/october maybe even later.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for learning material, you really don't need anything other than the online Help Files and the Prep Guide PDF.

Says someone who knows Help inside out AND the application. For preperation material, try www.examaids.com Their exam aids are based on the Prep Guide and contain multiple-choice questions, supplemental/expantory answers, links to "appropriate" help pages and a test simulator.

Photographer | Shangara.me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi omg_wtf,

Glad to know that you are planning on taking the Adobe Photoshop CS5 Certification. I agree with you about No Point in taking CS4 when CS5 has been launched. Perhaps we can TOIL to prepare for Exam. What do you think? Please do let me know.

As per "Zeno Bokor's" reply, CS5 Certification will be available during August Month. I have no idea about he / she got this info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dart board method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dec9,

What is this "Dart board method." all about? Could you please enlighten us?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing more then a little jab of sarcasm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the questions that you will find on an ACE exam are NOT in Help. A great deal of info can be found at Adobe website. I love TV.Adobe.com

Some questions are about obscure shortcuts. You need to know every aspect of the app, even the parts you don't use! (I almost got killed on the questions about the Device Central -- I just don't use it.) For Photoshop, you need to know the print AND web features, animation, color management, export options, etc. etc. Some questions are very easy, but others are worded in such a way that makes you want to tear your hair out.

In regards to the post asked about certifications becoming "invalid" -- 90 days after the new exam is released, you can no longer "proclaim" yourself an ACE, until you pass the new exam.

I have been using Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign since their initial relase. (I fell in love with Illustrator 88!) I've been taking the ACE exams since the inception of Adobe Certification program. I've failed a few, but I don't think I've ever taken an exam more than twice. I would suggest that you read the exam bulletin (posted on their web site) very carefully, and study every topic listed in depth.

Good luck!

An Adobe Certified Instructor (since 1994...?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as i know, you can still call yourself an ACE even if you didn't recertify in time, it's just that you cannot use the ACE logos and you have to state which version of Photoshop (or whatever) your certification applies to. Check Exhibit A, second point of this PDF: http://www.adobe.com/support/certification/pdfs/ace_agmt.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI to all:

1. http://partners.adobe.com/public/ace/main.html

2. http://www.pass4sure.com/Photoshop.html

Please read the info which is under "Why Choose Pass4sure Adobe Testing Engine" saying at the bottom of the page [2nd link].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you wish to prepare yourself prior to Adobe releasing the Photoshop CS5 ACE exam, you can do so by using the recently released Photoshop CS5 ACE Exam Aid from Examaids. You can purchase it for Windows or for Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jumping Walrus,

Thanks for the info.

I would still prefer Pass4Sure product As per "Marek Mularczyk's" feedback, we may expect Photoshop CS5 certification during September or October or maybe even later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't recommending one over the other. No doubt, both have their minuses and pluses.

Looking at the link you posted earlier, it points to pure market-speak, no substance whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will take it as soon as it's available!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines