"Presenting CinemaDNG: an industry-wide initiative foran open, raw image format for digital cinematography. Capturing and editingcamera raw video in a vendor-neutral, standard format."
At Siggraph 2010, Adobe hosted a free CinemaDNG BOF session.Of the 35 attendees, about three were from Hollywood, seven CinemaDNG partners and/orpanelists, six from Adobe, and 20 Siggraph attendees.
The slides are now posted at http://www.adobe.com/go/cinemadng.
We're doing similar presentations at IBC 2010. Please come. Ask me for details.
- Presentation - The CinemaDNG Initiative
- Camera presentation - ViewPlus
- Panel discussion - Interoperability on the Capture Side
Lars Borg, Adobe Systems, presented the CinemaDNG initiative, covering
- Benefits and challenges of raw image workflows,
- Processing steps for raw images,
- Proliferation of closed formats,
- The DNG and CinemaDNG formats,
- Integration with Academy IIF workflows,
- CinemaDNG status and the road ahead.
Toru Nakamura, ViewPLUS, presented the features and goals ofthe new ViewPLUS Lumiere 4K digital camera, which was demonstrated in theconference room.
The topic of our Panel Discussion was "Achieving Interoperability on the Capture Side".
Panel members were:
- Michael Cioni, LIGHT IRON Digital (post production)
- Steve Crouch, IRIDAS (software vendor)
- Gary Demos, Image Essence (imaging expert)
- Dr. Dairoku Sekiguchi, ViewPLUS (camera vendor)
- Lars Borg, Adobe Systems (software vendor)
Michael Cioni, Founder,CEO
LIGHT IRON Digital
p: +1 310.559.5400
c: +1 323.428.6767
Steve Crouch, Director
Image Essence LLC
Toru Nakamura, ProgramManager
Dairoku Sekiguchi,Research Lab Director
Lars Borg, Principal Scientist
+1 408 536 2723
Europe, Middle East and Africa