• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro 2.0 wont startin Windows 7

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2010 Aug 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I've just upgraded my OS from Vista to Windows 7 and now Premier Pro 2.0 won't run.

When I envoke the program the initialization screen appears, remains visable for about 1 sec then vanishes.  I've tried changing the compatabiolity mode to every possible choice and evcen uninstalled and reinstalled the program to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed,

When PrPro loads, there is a tiny line of text, regarding what is being loaded. Can you tell us the last line of that text? If necessary, you can set up a video camera to record that Splash Screen, and then Rewind and Pause on that last line.

My hope is that is what is hanging up PrPro, though it might well be the next line - the one that we do not yet see.

Do you have a lot of VST's for Audio work? If so, those can cause launch issues too.

Now, I have to admit that I have never tried my PrPro 2.0 on Win7, so cannot directly comment there. The closest that I can come is some folk having trouble getting EncoreDVD 2.0 to launch on Vista-64. Do not recall any getting it to run properly, but then maybe I missed (or forgot) the successes.

Good luck, and maybe others can comment on PrPro 2.0 working on Win7. BTW - is this 32-bit, or 64-bit Win7?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 didn't exist when Premiere Pro 2.0 was created, so there's absolutely no way that the program could have been written or tested for this operating system. This operating system is not mentioned in the system requirements for Premiere Pro 2.0. Premiere Pro 2.0 is not listed among the applications that we know work with Windows 7.

So, I am not surprised that Premiere Pro 2.0 won't start on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2011 Jan 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,

See Haarm Millard's http://It will probably install without problems, but to run the program, you likely have to use Win...  answer to me Re : Premiere Pro 1.5.1,  in Premiere Elements 4 Forum it now works better than ever untill I up grade to CS5 in May.

Regards

Message was edited by: Bob Dix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2011 Jan 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody on the boards had a solid answer for getting PPRO 2.0 working in XP Mode -- everybody's advise came through guessing and there were others who said it couldn't be done.  I got PPRO CS5 and had to get a Black Magic capture card to work with my 64-bit CS5.  After all my experience with 2.0, I still can't capture video through RGB or S-Video connections.  The "how to" is not addressed in any of the tutorials.  There is a lack of documentation for this.  No wonder everybody is going nuts!!!  No real support, or they already want to charge you as soon as you install it.  I'm still dead in the water.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop cs2 works on my windows 10!

premiere pro wont start and after effects wont unzip(invalid file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed,

I had the same problem.  I had PPro 2.0 on a purchased disc.  The install wizard would get as far as the serial number, but wouldn't accept the serial number.  Believe it or not, it asked me to input a serial number from an OLDER Premiere version.  Also believe it or not, I had my serial number from Premiere 6.0, entered it, and the PPro 2.0 loaded!!.

So I have Premiere Pro 2.0 on my Windows 7 computer.  It opens, opens files and displays the files properly in my workspace.  The problem is that if you click on the timeline, or the program window, or the effects window or anything, that window whites out and becomes worthless.  I will ask further in this forum if anyone has a solution to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it asked me to input a serial number from an OLDER Premiere version.

That happens when you install an 'upgrade'.  You just need the old serial, you don't need to actually install the old version first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will ask further in this forum if anyone has a solution to that.

With the Win7 OS, it could well be that you will need to upgrade your PrPro to a version that is certified for Win7.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, great news.  I downloaded the Virtual XP download solution and it worked!!!! Thanks to everyone who responded.

After downloading and installing the Virtual XP I uninstalled Premier Pro 2.o through the Win7 control panel. 
Next, I re-nstalled the program through the virtual xp window and it runs perfectly!

Again... a big Thank You for all of the help.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed,

Glad that you got it installed, and thanks for reporting that Virtual XP did the trick for you. That is good info to know.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, there is supposed to be a work around

where PrPro 2.0 works in Windows 7 64-bit.
When I read it, it didn't give an explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a link so WE will know what you read

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's under the thread... 
"Premiere Pro 2.0  Compatible with Windows 7?"

It's by Dejan Petkovski and it's the 4th post.

Now I've got an installation problem!!!

I recently upgraded [regretfully] to Windows 7 64-bit.

After I installed PrPro 2.0, the source window showed
ghost figures overlayed with a solid mass of green pixels.

After reading all the forums, I decided to give up and
install PrPro in XP-mode, which I was trying to avoid.

Now I can't Capture.  I've been using my PrPro for many
hundreds of hours since 2006 using the same Canopus
video capture card under Windows XP.  My computer has
high-end features and is not lacking in capacity.

I'm using DV capture and Serial Device Control for a
DVD player in order to test Capture.  I don't know if
I should check the box for "Use VTRs internal Cue".
I tried it an it didn't resolve the problem.

(I do not use Device Control because I have S-Video
and RCA audio going into my capture card.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off I understand this thread is quite old at this point, but having just installed Premiere Pro CS 2 I had the same issue getting the application to launch.

I am currently running Windows 7 SP1 on a quad core i7 with 8 gigs or memory. When I first looked into the problem I went directly to compatibility mode in the

properties and changed it to Windows XP SP3. After that did not work I tried SP2. Still no dice. Then I remembered there is an option in the contextual menu

of an executable called "Troubleshoot For Compatibility". This will take a look at the application and generate suggested settings. I did this and it has worked

fine since then. I will admit that I do not have a capture card so I can't verify that functionality. Additionally if the program is still generating errors you can go to

control panels and open the Action Center. After an application crash it will sometimes show an entry with details about the crash and options for finding a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may by usefull if you don't want to deal with virtual OS. I found a solution here.

"And also use a folder name that has no special characters in it, e.g. “C:\Adobe”. The 32bit application folder “C:\Program Files (x86)” does not work. I found a hint that you can use “C:\Program~2\” instead, but I did not try it out."

It works for me. I used "C:\Adobe" directory, and programm runs on Win 8!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did that and the initializing got further, the screen that immediately dissappeared now stays a little longer, until it's finished loading all plug-ins. Now it stops. You got any ideas how to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys this is even a very late answer, but I got this working just now and i think i found out why.

previously,i try FabioLaBula's suggestion and test to run compatibility setting. but doesnt work. then i try Korvin A suggestion and install it in Program Files folder instead of Program Files (x86) because he said this error is caused by special character "(" , but before i do that, I remember that a year ago when i was working as a developer, our application needs to be installed by an administrator roles. so i try open a cmd command as an administrator (right click the menu and select "run as administrator"), I install it in default location which is "Program Files (x86)" to see if it works even if there are special characters.

then it did really work now. so one of the cause, is probably the non-administrator roles.

hope that helps anyone who have this error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got it working in Windows 8.1 which means it will probably work in 7 and 10. All you need to do is run the app as an administrator (for full compatibility) and do NOT install the program into any "Program Files" folder. Just put the Adobe folder directly into the root (install path should look like this: C:\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0) and it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be too late for 2.0 users, but yeah your solution works man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines