Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 10 Error Message

Aug 19, 2009 Aug 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About four days ago, I started getting this error message in a dialog box. It appears even with nothing open that would even require a need for Flash. I removed Adobe Flash Player 10 and rebooted, then added it back. The problem continues however.

Win-XP/SP3 fully patched and Malware free.

"A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?  Yes / No.

Checking either option only gets rid of the pop-up for a few minutes.

Regards:

BruceIB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the timeout script for actionscript content inside a Flash SWF that is causing a 15second+ processing loop (or up to 60 seconds for Flex created content)

It has to be coming from somewhere, and that somewhere has to be some type of Flash content.  There's no other way it could legitimately happen.  Take a close look at what apps and pages you have open when the error happens (control-alt-delete and look at Task Manager) and report back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably on to something here, but as frequently happens, after a few days, once I posted this question, the error stopped appearing.

I saved what you sent an if it should happen again, I will check the Task Manager and report back, be it good or bad news.

Thank you for your time. It is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a belated FYI. The problem has not reproduced itself since I posted. Should it happen again, I will check the Task Manager.

TYVM.

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have the same problem but it is only on one specific website.

Is it possible to do something? These are flash games, I tried what melnz27 said but it didn't work. I will tried anything, I heard about injecting something in swf file but I think it only work on the desktop? Yeah anything, I really need to be able to play, If I can I will win a tournament.

Thanks for your help and your cooperation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem with a different game site.  I tried all of the suggestions listed above without any luck.  Finally, I checked my internet software.  I got a log that showed my game site was blocked.  When I checked further, I found that my software considered the game website a "web advertisement".  When I changed this, I no longer had a problem.  If this has resolved for you yet, try your internet software.  Hope this helps you like it did me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2010 Sep 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this post is almost a year old, but I'm just experiencing this problem now.  It happens whenever I'm using Pandora Radio.  My browser is Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8 and I'm using Adobe Flash Player 10.1.82.76.  At the risk of sounding totally ignorant, how do you access your internet software to find the log?  I'm guessing Pandora is considered web advertisement as well, since I'm getting the free version which does show advertisements all the time.  I have to refresh the page every time the error message occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Flash Player 10 error message are you getting? 

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly.  If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive.  Do you want to abort the script?  Yes/No"  I always click Yes and then have to refresh the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. I would apply what was posted in the first reply to this thread. That person knows much more than I do about script:-)

You could also use one of the Search fields here on Adobe or one of the online, such as Google or Bing.

Hope you find out the issue. I've had it occur once in a while, and if I got that message frequently on one site, then I would conclude it is the website or program. Which did occur for me about a year or so ago. The site was powered by Wordpress and when they issued an update, the problem went away.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently have encountered the same problem using Pandora.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated, etc. ad nauseum...I feel like the only answer to this problem is to get a new computer and DON'T install this mess.  I love to use Pandora radio but it seems like too much of a hassle to get this thing to work correctly.  I am currently using Adobe Flash Player plugin Version 10.1.102.64 and/or (I'm not sure which is the active application) Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX Version 10.0.42.34.  When I go to the Adobe download updates site, it tells me that "Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available."  However, Add/Remove Programs only lists the two that I have mentioned.  If anyone can give me some help on this it would be definitely appreciated.  Also, feel free to contact me through my email at nickd@ballpointmedia.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this thread started 18 months or so ago, and i just found it because i have recently started having this problem on a newspaper site i comment on.  early on, someone gave a comprehensive solution - it's a bit daunting to a non-techy old fogey like me.  i was wondering whether it's something to do with AVG?  my grasp of technicalities is limited, and given my level of ineptitude, it sounds a time consuming how's your father. has adobe offered a simpler, more user friendly BS free solution, or is it a waste of time asking, not acting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If you think this thread is like a story you should see those that are in the process of writing a novel, LOL

If you have the same problem that was the first original message, then the reply to that is the best. I can't add anything to it.

This message says it all: "A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly.It doesn't say Adobe Flash Player is causing a script in this movie to run slowly. The cause and the effect is clear to me and that it what the original reply said also.

You are welcome to start your own thread, which is better if you have any other issues.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAD THE SAME ERROR SINCE YETERDAY AS I RESTORED MY PC, HERE IS THE FIX WHICH WORKED FOR ME :-

i unstalled the adobe flash player and cleaned all the registry from cc cleaner, tune up registry cleanerand all

den i installed the adobe flash player from the adobe site with the help of adobe downloader

den i went to add on's on firefox and uninstalled the adobe downnloader

and another thing what i did was i disabled java console 6.0.21 and kept 6.0.20 enabled, and i tried playing same media which used to hang and huraaah!! it stopped hanging!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flashplayer-10-message.jpg

I hope no one minds me glomming on to this thread.

I don't have a solution to this issue and even have my own flash 10 issue..but since it's related to flash 10 pop-up messages i will post here for ideas of what is going on.

A few weeks ago these types of errors began popping up and they are NOT site specific! It is NOT always the same error.

and more importantly it is annoying.

My system is a development system with CS5 Web installed as well as other code development software...so this is even more annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, i forgot to address the NetConnection issue in the message: My connection to the web stays on and running without a problem so the connection is NOT dropping as the message would seem to imply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, You probably should start your own discussion if it's related to the Flash Player browser plugin. However you may receive more help in the CS5 forum or Flash or Action Script. I'm not familiar with any of those, just Flash Player.

Adobe have so many programs and most all of them have forums which you can access on the main site under help.

The person that was responding to this original thread is no longer here.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2011 Jan 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not exactly sure what the problem is, but did you try searching the forum? There is another post similar to the one you posted. I don't have a reference, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2011 Feb 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just emptied my java cache (the java site suggested this would cause latest versions to be installed.

I deleted google chromes temp internet files (I do that regularly) and noticed a link to adobe flash player storage settings.

It sounds strange, but I've never clicked the link before, but...........it took me to

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

After a pause, I got the dreaded message "A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly".

Aborting the script sends the settings manager wildly scrolling through all its optios (I guess).

Accepting the script does nothing, and the messsage simply re-appears.

I note that BWolfe (ADOBE) states that it must be the fault of the web site.

does this mean 'macromedia' have screwed up, or is the problem at my end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2011 Feb 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the troubleshooting page for Pandora since this site is where I always get the error message, and found out that the reason I am getting it is because one of the system requirements is 1 GB of RAM and my 7+ year old computer has 256 MB of RAM, so I have given up on listening to Pandora at home until I get a new computer which, for the record, will be a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when I try to run an educational DVD:

"A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly".

Aborting the script sends the settings manager wildly reloading the same page over and over.

Accepting the script does nothing, and the messsage simply re-appears.

BTW, all other DVDs in series have played until 4 days ago when I allowed Adobe update to the latest reader and flash player.

I've removed and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, reinstalled an older version, restored system settings to before update and followed multiple "fixes" on discussion sites including those posted here all without success.

I really need a fix because these DVDs are part of my degree program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just recently resolved my Flash Player issue.

My suggestion to all who have troubles with Slowing down players or error messages (like I was getting) is very similar to what has been suggested by Meln long ago.For windows machines- I don't know  mac fix. but this might work.

1. remove/uninstall flash player from your system. ALL BROWSERS

2. reboot your system

3. goto the adobe site for flash player and have it check that you in fact DO NOT have flash player installed.

4. download the latest version of flash player and let it IMMEDIATELY do the install.

5. reboot

6. check how flash player works. If it is buggy and slow or kicking up errrors/messages go back to step 1. repeat this cycle as many times as necessary.

some notes:

Be careful when doing the install -DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE FLASH DEBUGGING VERSION- it will kick up errors galore.

Make certain you do noting else during the install and remove processes. You are problem solving -not being productive, so  just wait it out patiently.

I know some will say, why would i remove, download and install multiple times - once should either work or not work.

OH how I wish this were true for funky software issues. There is some glitchy thing going on and where exactly it happens is anyones guess, or it would have been fixed. Without rhyme or reason one time though it will just work. when it does do a system restore point and put GOOD FLASH PLAYER as the note. after you do this fix you will know why you want a quick way back to this point.- you don't want to do it again.

i know this sounds stupid but after trying for months to "fix" my issue this is what worked on multiple PCs i had that had the issue(s) slowing down and messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excellent, thank you very kindly : )

the problem seems to have been fixed - eclipsed by major system problems, which prompted a mass uninstall of troublesome programs, including anti-virus, which preceded, by way of a process of elimination, the diagnosis of a dying mother board, and the subsequent transmogrification of my hard drive into another pc. all credit goes to kevin for many hours of hard techie work.

now to get back to changing the world... : )

Cheers

jan

http://marchforthealternative.org.uk/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed all of this like 10 times over step by step, reboot after reboot and it DID NOT solve the problem.

This is just crazy. I mean why can't Adobe release a patch or something if it's a known issue?

I'm tired of rebooting, installing/uninstalling, older versions/newer versions...it's all BS! So many wasted hours and still I can't get get my academic course work done which requires this player!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 getting this error, when installed new Firefox 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines