Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"an unidentified error has occurred" Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I was trying to connect to a Mysql server in Dreamweaver Cs5.

When I test the server the following error appear ""an unidentified error has occurred".

The thing is the FTP server works fine, the test server is active.

The password and the name are correct and the host is correct too.

If I use a php script I have no trouble reaching the server but if I try to use Dreamweaver I keep getting the same error.

My Dreamweaver version is CS5, I am using Windows 7 in a Pc with a Intel Core i7 computer.

Please help me.

I never had this error before, and the SQL connection use to work in Dreamweaver CS3.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to use DW to connect to the remote server, or a local one?  If the former, have you enabled your IP address as a foreign client on the remote site's control panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2010 Sep 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I am trying to connect to a remote server.

My Ip is enabled.

As I say,  I used it with the CS3 version.

Thank you

Best Regards

Virginia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO I have not, I will try this , any other help you can advise would be great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you got this working or not, but I am going to add my 2 cents.

I was having the same problem, and after supplying a 'testing server' I was able to connect to my local mysql database

So, basically, you'll be using it for testing purposes only, then when the website goes live, or you want to update the mysql data on the remote server, you can just do an export from localhost phpmyadmin, to the remote server phpmyadmin.

This is the screen I am talking about.

dw.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks olie, you solved my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years later and this answer works. Thanks Ollie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2260933#2260933

This has worked for me for virtually ever issue I have had with the DW program itself. Completely safe to try and worth a shot.

Brad Lawryk

Adobe Community Professional: Dreamweaver

Northern British Columbia Adobe Usergroup: Manager

Thompson Rivers University: Dreamweaver Instructor

My Adobe Blog: http://blog.lawryk.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting WinFileCache after closing Dreamweaver, and I still had the same problem.  I tried it again several times and even shut down and rebooted.  Then I renamed the Personal Configuration folder (ConfigurationBACKUP, and then restarted the PC, and still I am getting the same errors.

I can connect via FTP with no problems.  Files already on the site still function properly - I can insert and modify data through the admin pages I created.

The only thing different is that I did an UPGRADE on all Adobe products today via the Help tab.

I have tried everything, but cannot get my database to work through Dreamweaver CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried this and does not work. I am using a mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olie04 - I have had this issue several times and worked around it using different methods.  This time I had hit a snag but your suggestion worked like a charm.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix

I had this happen with just one site after a computer crash while I was working on the site. All the other site I operate connected just fine so I figured it must be within the files for that site.

Discovered the files in the mmserverscript folder were not matching the file in the mmserverscript folder on the server. I copy the file over from the server to Dreamweaver and it tested perfectly.

This site was an .asp site however my php sites have the same mmserverscript folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did set up testing server now the error am getting is " there is no testing server running on the machine". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines