Skip navigation
Bill Junk
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Bridge CS 5 and Photoshop Elements 8 compatibility?

Sep 4, 2010 2:58 PM

I have Photoshop Elements 8 installed with Camera Raw 5.5 on a Windows 7 platform.  I recently purchased Photoshop CS 5 which came with Camera Raw 6.2.  Both products work well independently.  Where I'm encountering an issue is when I use Adobe Bridge to access an image file for processing in Camera Raw 6.2, the changes made to the file show up in Adobe Bridge, but are not observable in the Photoshop Elements Organizer.  When I look at the file properties I can see that Camera Raw 6.2 updated the file and the updated date does appear in the PS Elements Organizer.  Also the items listed in the Camera Raw metadata are different in the two products (PS vs PSE).  I'm wondering if Camera Raw 6.2 is writing data in a structure that is not supported by Camera Raw 5.5?  Will updating PSE to the Camera Raw 6.2 version solve this mystery or is likely to introduce a more serious problem?

I happen to like some of the features of the PSE Organizer that are not available in Adobe Bridge so I'd like to have them work well together.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 6, 2010 9:37 AM   in reply to Bill Junk

Hi

This forum is for www.photoshop.com (the online portal for images).

For a speedy response, please repost your question about Bridge here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/bridge

and for PSE, post here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

|
    Mark as:
  • Charlie.D
    190 posts
    Jun 16, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 7, 2010 2:34 PM   in reply to Bill Junk

I'll move the thread for you to the Elements forum

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...