Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

5.0.2 update failed to install

Sep 3, 2010 8:25 AM

I originally tried to update this with the Adobe update manager and that failed.  Then I tried to download the update and install manually (DVD version) and that failed.

Any ideas?

Using windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP2

Nvidia Quadro 3800

I have the CS5 Production Premium suite installed.

Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2010 9:19 AM   in reply to ParkerPSU

The only remedy for me was a complete uninstall, reinstall and update.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2010 9:36 AM   in reply to ParkerPSU

We're looking into issues posted here on 5.0.2, any other details you can add?

Sheri

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2010 9:39 AM   in reply to ParkerPSU

Hi ParkerPSU,

I would suggest you  to  create a new windows user account with admin rights  and then update the software again

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2010 10:11 AM   in reply to ParkerPSU

I noticed a bunch of minor upgrades this morning, but this and the 5.0.2 upgrade installed for me. I would suggest launching the updates through Bridge, and once initiated close Bridge and every other program that's running. I don't know that it will solve the problem, but I've always been a stickler for closing EVERYTHING during any software installation and it's served me well.

I'm running a Windows (Windows 7 x64) machine with a 3.3 gig quad core with a Quadro FX 5600 and 32gb of RAM.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2010 9:01 PM   in reply to ParkerPSU

My Mac also failed to update Premiere Pro while all the other updates were fine.

Bob

Mac Pro OS X 10.6.4 16GB Dual Quad GTX-285

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2010 11:13 PM   in reply to Sheri Codiana

My install failed as well on the Media Encoder.

Windows XP Pro

When I try and open Media Encoder it says Adobe Media Encoder components have different versions.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2010 1:48 AM   in reply to Donald Leman

My install failed as well on the Media Encoder.

Windows XP Pro

When I try and open Media Encoder it says Adobe Media Encoder components have different versions.

Donald, you're asking about a Premiere Pro CS5 update but you're using Windows XP? Premiere Pro CS5 won't install on Windows XP at all. Here are the system requirements for Premiere Pro CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2010 8:19 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

You are of course correct. The update on my Vista machine installed correctly.

My XP Pro machine has some components of Production Premium CS5 and a 32 bit version of some of the other products from CS4. I received the notification that some of the products had updates and when I OK'd it to proceed everything seemed to work except the Media Encoder which on my XP machine is 32 bit if I recall correctly.

It still seems to load OK but gives me a message that some of the component versions do not match. Could it be the install didn't anticipate there might be a mixture of CS5 and CS4 products?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2010 9:11 AM   in reply to ParkerPSU

Ditto, 5.0.2 won't update. It downloads, goes through the installation process, finally saying nothing more than "Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 5.0.2, Installation failed"

I believe it was 5.0.1 that wouldn't install either. I tried downloading and installing that as a trial and that worked. I don't think it likes the Master Collection serial #.

ADOBE - you have some bugs in your updater. At least give a better explanation so it can be fixed. I used to write code for these things and know it's near impossible to fix without a better failure message...

Win 7 x64, Intel Extreme 8 core cpu, 8G RAM

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2010 1:30 PM   in reply to Bill Antalek

I'm having a similar experience to Bill.

It downloads, goes through the installation process, finally saying nothing more than "Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 5.0.2, Installation failed".

I see slightly different behaviors between a manual download of the retail AdobePatchInstaller.exe and the Adobe Application Manager (after selecting "Updates..." in premiere)

AdobePatchInstaller:

The installer gets about 80% done, says somewhere between 18-27 seconds left, the blue status bar blinks off and on, then I get the above error message.

Adobe Application Manager:

The blue status bar blinks off and on a couple times, once towards the beginning and another towards the end, it finally says 100% done, then I see the error message.

v5.0.1 installed fine for me.

I'm disappointed that Adobe doesn't give a more detailed error message.

Win 7, x64, 12GB RAM, 940 i7

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2010 8:35 PM   in reply to ParkerPSU

I suspect Adobe mixed up the "electronic downloads" and "retail DVD". I found that both versions have the same file name " PremiereProRetail-5.0.2-mui-AdobeUpdate.zip".

I guess the "electronic downloads" version should have the file name " PremiereProTrial-5.0.2-mui-AdobeUpdate.zip" instead, as can be confirmed from the Macintosh update.

Can Adobe check it up please.

Regards

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 8:55 AM   in reply to juskocf

I suspect Adobe mixed up the "electronic downloads" and "retail DVD". I found that both versions have the same file name " PremiereProRetail-5.0.2-mui-AdobeUpdate.zip".

Yeah, it is weird they have the same filename. I downloaded and tried "electronic downloads" version. That didn't work either.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 11:21 AM   in reply to ParkerPSU

I also get a failed installation for Premier Pro CS5 on my mac. I upgraded all the other applications of CS5 production premium. I then tried to download and install which failed. I also don't have 5.0.1 so I tried to install that and it failed.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 12:06 PM   in reply to Sheri Codiana

I am having the same install error with version 5.02 and also noticed that 5.01 did not install. It appears that other CS5 programs are updating correctly.

I don't know if this is significant, but I see the following error repeated several times in my Adobe install logs for Premiere 5.02: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 5.0.2 09-05-2010.log)

ERROR: 84 Unable to locate file at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\MediaIO\systempresets\414D4520_464C564E\F4V - Web Medium (Flash 9.2 and Higher).epr"
    ERROR: 84 Command ARKMoveFileCommand failed.
    ERROR: 84 Unable to move file at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\MediaIO\systempresets\414D4520_464C564E\Z_F4V - Web Medium (Flash 9.2 and Higher).epr" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\MediaIO\systempresets\414D4520_464C564E\F4V - Web Medium (Flash 9.2 and Higher).epr" Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.
    ERROR: 84 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

Then you see a list of ERROR: lines where it says the patch is already installed, but one line says this:

ERROR:  - Adobe Premiere Pro CS5_5.0.2_AdobePremierePro5AllRetail: Install failed

I checked back in the 5.01 installer logs and didn't see any errors that stood out. The errors I saw were related to Language Packs not being found and not of the errors were classified as fatal.

I tried running the update from inside Premiere Pro. I tried downloading the DVD version since that's what I installed from originally. I tried the non-DVD version. I ran the Adobe Diagnostic app. It says it didn't find a problem, but when you close the Diagnostic app, it reports in a dialog box that it did find something. Appears to upload it somewhere, but never says what the problem is.

Using Windows 7 Ultimatte

i7 CPU

NVidia Quadro FX 1800

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 12:09 PM   in reply to Harm Millaard

Harm, I was wondering the same thing. When you say you uninstalled, do you mean all of CS5 or just Premiere Pro? Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 12:46 PM   in reply to Zazz232

Harm happens to be off on vacation, maybe later he a can answer.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 12:49 PM   in reply to Bill Gehrke

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 12:57 PM   in reply to Zazz232

Nice one Zazz,

I got the exact same error messages in my install logs.

It can't find "F4V - Web Medium (Flash 9.2 and Higher).epr" and then tries to create it by copying "Z_F4V - Web Medium (Flash 9.2 and Higher).epr".

So I copied "Z_F4V..." to "F4V..." myself.

Seems like a step in the right direction. Trying an install after that gave me a new set of error messages similar to the first set...

ERROR: 98 Unable to locate file at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\MediaIO\systempresets\414D4520_464C564E\FLV - Web Large, NTSC Source (Flash 8 and Higher).epr"

ERROR: 98 Command ARKMoveFileCommand failed.

ERROR: 98 Unable to move file at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\MediaIO\systempresets\414D4520_464C564E\Z_FLV - Web Large, NTSC Source (Flash 8 and Higher).epr" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\MediaIO\systempresets\414D4520_464C564E\FLV - Web Large, NTSC Source (Flash 8 and Higher).epr" Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 98 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

A workaround might be to duplicate all the files with the Z_ prefix, but I'm going to wait a few days for Harm or Adobe to weigh in since I don't know what repercussions this might have.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 1:08 PM   in reply to k.a.r.l.2000

Thanks for the feedback and waiting a couple days works for me as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 1:12 PM   in reply to Donald Leman

Master Collection installed on W7 studio machine with some programs on XP laptop.  I get the same Media Encoder error on XP machine.  Not going to risk updating my studio PC whilst this problem persits.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 1:16 PM   in reply to Missteach

Wodehouse, you're asking about an update on  Windows XP? This is a thread about a Premiere Pro CS5 update, and Premiere Pro CS5 won't install on Windows XP at all.

system requirements for Premiere Pro CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 2:21 PM   in reply to Zazz232

I get the same errors on a Mac Pro only difference is error number is 48

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 2:38 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Hello Todd

es you are right but please read my message thoroughly.  I have installed the Master Collection

on my W7 studio PC with some of the programs on my laptop running XP.  The laptop does not have PPCS5 installed but it does have Encore CS5 installed along with DWCS5 / IDCS5 / FWCS5.  Therefore, when I updated the media encoder threw up the message as indicated.  And, as a result, I will not install the upgrades on my studio PC in case any problems occur.

Thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 3:38 PM   in reply to Missteach
    DWCS5 / IDCS5 / FWCS5

I believe that only Flash, out of that group, uses AME and installs it.

Now question for Todd  - is AME 32-bit, or 64-bit, especially the Flash version from CS5? Are there versions of AME for both OS's?

Might make a difference,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 3:48 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

There is a 32-bit AME CS5, and there is a 64-bit AME CS5.

The 64-bit version is what is used by After Effects CS5 and Premiere Pro CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 4:47 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Todd,

Thank you for that. Then Wodehouse's Flash CS5 would have the 32-bit version on the XP machine, and hence an update for 64-bit would not install. Am I correct in that logic?

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 4:52 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

> Then Wodehouse's Flash CS5 would have the 32-bit version on the XP machine, and hence an update for 64-bit would not install. Am I correct in that logic?

I think so. I'll try to get a better answer after the holiday weekend.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2010 8:57 PM   in reply to ParkerPSU

I just updated to 5.0.2 and the installer finished and said installed correctly.

I then started Premiere and loaded an HDV project.  When the media was loading Premiere crashed and a message from Windows popped up saying that it will try and fix the issue along with some other things I don't remember.  Windows said to restart the program and when I did it seemed to load the HDV project correctly.

I checked the windows crash log and the description for the Premiere crash was a "faulting application path"  It came with a problem signature with this underneath it:

problem event name:   APPCRASH

Application Name:      Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version:   5.0.2.0

Application Timestamp:    4c731297

Fault Module Name:   Pluginsupport.dll

Fault Module Version:     0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:  4c72c90b

Exception Code:       c000041d

Exception Offset:      00000000000133ba

OS Version:           6.1.76002.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:              1033

Additional Information 1:   5464  

Additional Information 2:   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Additional Information 1:   9659

Additional Information 1:   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Can anybody make any sense of this and why it might have happened?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2010 3:17 AM   in reply to ParkerPSU

Hello,

I've got the some trouble with Pr 5.0.2 update.

The Adobe update service reports installation failed for Premiere.

PremiereProRetail-5.0.2-mul-AdobeUpdate launcher reports dtto

PremiereProTrial-5.0.2-mul-AdobeUpdate launcher succeeds with update process, but Premiere seems not updated at all (5.0.0 at startup banneras well as at About box)

Did complete uninstalling and reinstallingPremiere Pro worked for someone?

Does either of the update launchers create a detailed setup log anywhere?

My config: Windows 7 Ultimate/x64, ACS 5 Master Collection, Intel C2D, 4GB RAM

Appreciate any working solution..

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2010 5:31 AM   in reply to Anakunda

Anakuda, it is evident that you had the trial version installed once.  Remove CS5 and then run the Adobe cleanup script and then reinstall

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2010 5:52 AM   in reply to Bill Gehrke

@Bill Gehrke: That`s possible, I had installed Premiere Pro CS4 Trial previously.

Do I have to uninstall all Creative Suite or is Premiere enough?

What cleanup script are you tallking about? I never heard of it.

Also I found some CS4 folders on my HDD, and also uninstall entries for some CS4 components.

I don't use any CS4 products anymore, afaik. Is it safe to delete these entries manually?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2010 9:00 AM   in reply to ParkerPSU

I have not been able to successfully install the 5.0.2 update on my Mac either. The auto update tells me that:"Installation failed". My install is from the retail DVD, so I downloaded the retail updater and attempted to manually install. That also gave me the same failure message. I then downloaded the 5.0.5 update for electronic downloads. When I install it, it "installs" extremely quickly and tells me it was successful. Then I open up Premiere and it still shows the version to be 5.0.0.

Hardware:

Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Software:

Mac OS X

Version 10.6.4

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2010 9:06 AM   in reply to kyleike2

After unsuccessfully updating from 5.0.1  I uninstalled 5.0.1 using the uninstaller and deleted all the preferences.  I reinstalled from dvd back to 5.0.0 and then updated to 5.0.2 and it seems to be working ok.  This is on a MAC.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2010 1:45 PM   in reply to Bill Gehrke

I uninstalled Premiere.

Now I try to install ACS again and setup fails also.

So now I'm without Premiere at all.

What is the workaround?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2010 4:33 PM   in reply to Anakunda

Did you run the cleanup script?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2010 2:24 AM   in reply to ParkerPSU

Hallo an alle hier, bin NEU.

Das Update von CS5(5.02 welches in teilen kam)) im 64 Bit PC unter Win7 Ultimat,

hat warscheinlich den gleichen Fehler wie überall.

Nach der Installation über Internet,

klappt in CS5 fast nix mehr ohne Fehlermeldung.

Die Meldung das es für den Encoder ein update gibt, geht garnicht weg.

Bei Play der Videos in CS5 wird das Programm Weiß und irgendwann geht es nicht mehr.

Ein Runtime Error C++ Fehlertritt auf wenn manOnLocation startetn will. ABsturz.

Adobes Ratschläge wie man vorgehen soll um die Fehler loszuwerden, hilft nicht, denn-

die angegebenen Ordner sind bei mir garnicht vorhanden.

Meine  LÖSUNG:

Das gesamte CS5 bei Adobe abmelden.

Alles Deinstallieren vom Mediaplayer bis Help.

Warmstart.

Dann alles neu installieren.

Warmstart.

Dann die Updates über Programm CS5 /Hilfe/ Aktualisieren holen.

Danach  den Encoder hier nochmal über Hilfe nach  update fragen

wenn ja dann den rest hier installieren.

Warmstart.

Danach lief CS5 mit allen Programmtools  wieder einwandfrei.

Die Fehlermeldunge von Encoder bleibt nun  weg und OnLokation macht auch keinen Runtime Error mehr.

Empfehlung:

Wenn Adobe meldet das ein Update zur verfügung steht dann:

Das Projekt Speichern und schließen.

Unter Windows- egal welche version- einen Wiederherstellungspunkt anlegen!

Premiere neu mit einem leeren Projekt starten.

Hier dann unter Hilfe / Aktualisieren/ die Updates machen lassen.

Leider lässt Adobe es nicht zu, dass man diese Updates runterlädt und selber bestimmen kann, wann man das

Installieren will.

Dann kann man das besser vorbereiten und die Installation kann dann nicht von anderen Prozessen

die gerade im PC laufen, gestört werden.

Sorry, ich werde immer in Deutsch schreiben , da ich kein English kann. Hoffe trotzdem das es anderen Hilft. Adobe konnte hierbei nicht helfen.

RODO

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2010 2:02 PM   in reply to Sheri Codiana

I believe all issues with wrong file pointers on the downloads page have been fixed.

Sheri

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points