Skip navigation
AKB300Media
Currently Being Moderated

Trouble Syncing Offline with Online

Sep 14, 2010 4:55 PM

My desktop has been...how can I say this? Under the weather for a few weeks, and since that is the case, all of my offline story project on it are out-of-date with my online projects (which I have been working on using my laptop).

This past week though, I got my desktop back, and now I've got another problem. I can't get the offline desktop application to sync with the online app. Basically I sat there for fifteen minutes with "Going online, Please Wait..." sitting on my screen, but nothing happened. So I uninstalled Story, and then installed it again, but to my surprise all of my offline documents were still there for some reason, and it still won't go online.

Basically, I'm wanting to know how to get this thing to sync up. Any help is welcome.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 14, 2010 9:47 PM   in reply to AKB300Media

From your post it seems that you just want your online data synced to offline database.You don't want it otherr way right ?

If that's the case

Can you try following:

1)  You don't need to uninstall adobe story. just close the adobe story application if it's already running.

2) after that on

Windows

Delete "%appdata%\Adobe\AIR\ELS\com.adobe.AdobeStory*" (i.e. delete all the folders starting with

com.adobe.AdobeStory)

Mac

Delete the application stored data: User > Library > Application Support > AIR > ELS > com.adobe.AdobeStory*

3) Now try logging in and you will see that you logged-in  in online mode, your online data will start syncing to offline database automatically.

thanks

ratnesh

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2010 10:45 PM   in reply to Ratnesh-Kumar

Note: By doing this you will lose all the data present in offline database (online database will not be touched).

i.e. if there were some changes done in offline mode and were not synced to online database, will be gone.

--ratnesh

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2010 7:35 AM   in reply to AKB300Media

As mentioned by Ratnesh above, deleting the appdata folder should fix the problem. Have you tried it? What OS are you on?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2010 8:26 AM   in reply to AKB300Media

Can you also try deleting the following folder?

%appdata%\com.adobe.AdobeStory.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8C E.1

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2010 8:34 AM   in reply to AKB300Media

ok, then try this:

1. Go to run prompt:

Press windows + r to get this prompt

2. Type %appdata% on the prompt and press enter

3. This should open the appdata folder

4. Find the folder named com.adobe.AdobeStory.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1 here and delete it.

appdata.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2010 8:38 AM   in reply to AKB300Media

Glad I could help

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 3:37 PM   in reply to Pankaj-Adobe Story Team

how do you fix this on a mac?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 7:50 AM   in reply to Pankaj-Adobe Story Team

This worked perfectly.  I was concerned about losing my data, so from within Story, I used the "Save File to Disk" option on my screenplays that weren't synced.  Then from within the web version of Story, I imported the ones that hadn't been synced.  Fortunately, that was only one script for me, but depending on when Story stopped going online for you, that may be a bunch.  But by using the web version as my base, I only had to worry about the ones that hadn't been synced since my last changes, rather than having to export and import the entire database.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points