Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

DRM, NetGroup, SystemUpdater classes cannot be found

Sep 15, 2010 12:26 PM

Hi,

Today I've downloaded a fresh copy of Flash Builder Standalone, with Flex v4.1 coming installed with it. I'm trying to add OSMF swc to my existing project, but I keep running across the following errors:

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DRMAuthenticationCompleteEvent.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DRMAuthenticationErrorEvent.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DRMErrorEvent.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DRMStatusEvent.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: NetGroup.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: SystemUpdater.
I've followed the swc install instructions as carefully as possible, but it appears as though some swc that I've downloaded within the most recent version of Flash Builder is not up to date?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 15, 2010 12:38 PM   in reply to aintnosleeves

It looks like your playerglobal.swc is for a FlashPlayer 10.0 or earlier. What's your compiler settings?

-Wei Zhang

Senior Computer Scientist

Adobe Systems, Inc.

weizhang@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2010 1:21 PM   in reply to aintnosleeves

Is your project an air application?

Ryan

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2010 4:37 PM   in reply to aintnosleeves

This gets a little bit difficult for me to diagnose on paper. Would you mind packing up the whole project and sending it over to me so I can try to reproduce within my dev environment?

-Wei Zhang

Senior Computer Scientist

Adobe Systems, Inc.

weizhang@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2010 4:50 PM   in reply to aintnosleeves

If you haven't done so, please make sure the project is compiled with approproriate SDK.  You seemed already checked this however, mentioning this again because I have seen this before. The case was the project automatically set to Flex SDK 3.5 when imported or created.

After changing to Flex SDK 4.0 the compiler error has gone.

Go to properties of the application that throws the compiler errors.  Go to Actionscript Compiler > Flex SDK version > Select Use Default SDK (currently "Flex 4.0/4.1") (or you can use  a specific SDK for the right one.

If it doesn't solve this, yes please send the project files to Wei.

Ryan

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2010 12:36 AM   in reply to aintnosleeves

For using FlashPlayer 10.1 features like DRM, with the latest Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4.1 SDK you need to follow these steps:

1. Go to project Properties for OSMF

2. Select Flex Library Compiler

3. Verify that you use Flex 4.1 (i can see that you already do)

4. Select 'Use specific version' and set it to 10.1.0

5. Additional compiler arguments:

-define CONFIG::LOGGING true -define CONFIG::FLASH_10_1 true

(having logging set to true is always handy for troubleshooting).

If you use StrobeMediaPlayback, OSMFPlayer or a custom player, you need to have the settings above match.

You might need to check this for any other OSMF plugins, or samples that you use.

Hope this helps,

Andrian

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2010 11:58 AM   in reply to aintnosleeves

Thanks for pointing that out.  That's because that is only for SDK 4.1 case to set FP to 10.1.  For SDK 4.0, selecting "Use minium version required by SDK" in Adobe Flash player options works.   We will update the steps in next release as you suggested.

Ryan

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2010 5:42 PM   in reply to rshin

Hi Ryan,

Does DynamicStreamingSample require FP 10.1?

In order to successfully import that project into Flash Builder, I did need to follow the steps in Andrian's post to clear errors.  Steps including the changes setting 'Use specific version' to 10.1.0.

Another issue that may need to be addressed in that project (readme.txt or otherwise), is that after following the steps in Andrian's post I also needed to clear further errors by making the following changes in DynamicStreamingSample.css (in 2 instances of @font-face {}):

src: local("Verdana");

To:

src: url("C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/verdana.ttf");

I made the changes above after the compiler returned the following error (2 instances):

Resource

DynamicStreamingSample.css

Description

exception during transcoding: Cannot embed local font 'Verdana' as CFF. The CSS @font-face 'local()' syntax is not supported. Please specify a path directly to a font file using the 'url()' syntax. For [Embed] syntax the 'systemFont' attribute is not supported. Please specify a path directly to a font file using the 'source' attribute.

Path

/DynamicStreamingSample/src

line 23

Type

Flex Problem

==============================
    btw, Thank you to you and all of the OSMF team on this great sprint release  :-)
    Also, does the OSMF bugbase support entry of bugs on the sample applications?
    Warmest regards,
    g

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2010 12:34 PM   in reply to aintnosleeves

Hello to the forum,

I am trying to recreate examples based on:

http://cookbooks.adobe.com/post_Playing_Multiple_Pieces_of_Media__Conc urrently__wi-17640.html?w=rel

I have downloaded the OSMF.swc and placed it in the proper libs folder.

I publish the example and get:

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DRMAuthenticationErrorEvent.
    1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DRMAuthenticationCompleteEvent.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DRMErrorEvent.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DRMStatusEvent.1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DRMStatusEvent.

(there are two flvs in the example)

On the publish tab, following the previous instructions on these forum posts I have added at
    FLASH:SETTINGS:CONFIG CONSTANTS:

CONFIG::LOGGING              true

CONFIG::FLASH_10_1          true

yet I still get the above errors. I am interested in exploring OSMF, but this issue is preventing me.

(On this workstation I have WIN XPSP3 and I have Flash CS4 with Flash Player 10,0,2,54 and debug player YES, with all other constants YES.)

Please advise,

Gregg Di Lorenzo

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2010 1:22 PM   in reply to Gregg Di Lorenzo

Greg h,

I don't think DynamicStreamingSample app requires 10.1 compilation however, indeed, css syntax may have changed from FB3 to FB4 as I also see them in a couple sample apps in FB4.   We are in the process of converting the sample apps from FB3 to FB4, so they will be addressed.   Thanks for bring that up!

Greggdilorenzo,

If I am reading right, you are using Flash CS4?  I assuemed you've downloaded the lastest OSMF.swc posted.

I would suggest to update playerglobalr.swc and your FP to the latest (10.1) to see that resolves the compilation.

Ryan

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2010 8:49 PM   in reply to rshin

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the quick follow up.

Yes I updated all the swc's and I am using Flash CS4 with the very latest Flash Player: Version 10,2,161,22.

Any further ideas, FYI: I just cleared all caches, tried to reintall the player from adobe.com, and it says "you already have the latest version".

I would really like to start experimenting with OSMF.

Gregg

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2010 1:12 PM   in reply to Gregg Di Lorenzo

One more note - as far as playglobalr.swc see:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/423432

I tried once more to reinstall everything, and even contacted rblank.com,

still no resolution.

A little frustrating because this framework seems so promising and is just what I am looking for.

If any one has any further ideas, please reply.

Thanks,

Gregg

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2010 4:45 PM   in reply to Gregg Di Lorenzo

On updating to Flash CS5 the DRM problem disappeared.

Now the work can begin.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2010 5:04 AM   in reply to aintnosleeves

I've been experiencing similar problems with an identical list of errors. Downloading the Flex 4.1 SDK and compiling against that made the problem go away... though I think it could be helpful to have some basic prerequisites documented on the Strobe Media Playback source download page (i.e FP 10.1 and SDK 4.1 required)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2011 7:14 AM   in reply to aintnosleeves

I just upgraded to OSMF 1.5 in Flash Builder CS5 using the 4.1 SDK with the  latest production build and got the same errors.  I added the  CONFIG::FLASH_10_1 compile argument and it resolved the problem - but  I'm a little annoyed that by even setting the specific version to 10.1.0  it still required the argument.  Is this something that will be  required in future versions of the OSMF.swc?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points