Skip navigation
madgold
Currently Being Moderated

Help Please - bar acts odd in IE only, diplays above not below...

Sep 17, 2010 10:27 AM

Hello - Terrible explanation I know.. To see what I mean please open IE and go to my site www.mainelyurns.com (yes, I sell cremation urns for a living). The first 2 categories display correctly - "Cremation Urns" - "Specials & Under $99". Categories 3-6 display ABOVE the bar. I'm no programmer that's for sure but I can usually figure stuff like this out. Probaly something very simple is throwing it off. I can post my css if needed but there are very minor tweaks to it.

Thanks for any and all help.

Mike

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 17, 2010 4:00 PM   in reply to madgold

Hiya, Mike,

That is ONE elaborate page!

Here's what you need to do:

1. Move the

<script src="./Cremation urns for ashes including funeral urns, burial urns, pet urns by Mainely Urns_files/SpryMenuBar.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<link href="./Cremation urns for ashes including funeral urns, burial urns, pet urns by Mainely Urns_files/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

into the head of your document. The CSS link especially needs to be in the head, not the body.

2. Rename your folders and pages (in the Files Panel) to eliminate spaces in the file and folder names. Not all browsers like them, and it really slows down rendering time.

3. Don't use

<font color="yellow"></font>

anywhere in your document. Make yourself a class style and apply it only to the text you want to color, as

.yellow {color: yellow;}

and apply it

<a class="yellow"      or perhaps to the <li class="yellow".

The reason your menu is going all flooey is because you have code between the list items in the list (that's illegal), and you have unbalanced, overlapping tags...all of them the <font color="yellow">. They are easy to remove, and your menu should work immediately correctly when you remove them.

Thanks for posting the url. That's always the best way to troubleshoot code...in context.

Beth from Portland (right down the pike from you...)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2010 10:43 AM   in reply to madgold

You're welcome, Michael. For a good start with CSS, look at David Powers's book: http://gettingstartedwithcss.com/

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 10:51 PM   in reply to madgold

Terrible explanation....is the different concept...and what is need of it...when we have good things...cremation info

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 11:20 PM   in reply to madgold

agreed....thanks...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 3:17 AM   in reply to madgold

yeah coding is correct...to know more about it..or the range of colors... use this link... http://www.memorials.com/cremation-urns.php

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 2:43 AM   in reply to madgold

You can use this site...... cremation ashes urn

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers