Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find online manual named "Customizing FrameMaker"

Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A note in the Use Status Bar Controls topic of FrameMaker's Help says that I can customize FrameMaker's zoom settings and that more information is available in an online manual named "Customizing FrameMaker" on the Adobe website.

I searched on Customizing FrameMaker, both with and without quotes, on the website's main page. Without quotes, of course, the search returned so many hits that I did not look at more than the first two or three pages. It wasn't there. With quotes, the search did not find such an online manual.

However, the searches did turn up several other documents that also referenced this manual. From the URLs, it seemed that the manual is on the developer forum, where I went next. I searched and scrolled all around in FrameMaker's developer forum without seeing any mention of a manual named Customizing FrameMaker.

I have given up. Adobe has managed to hide this manual so successfully that it is completely beyond my miserable ability to locate it.

Could anyone on this forum please tell me whether the manual exists or whether its reference in the Help is just another mistake in a document already full of them?

I only wish I could swear eloquently enough to express even a part of my disgust and contempt for Adobe and all its works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/8.0/customize_frame.pdf

I found it by doing a search for customizing framemaker in the FM9 > Help > Help Topics with the radio button to Include Community Results set. It was the first on the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! Thanks Jeff. The forums are the only part of Adobe that consistently work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a similar file for customizing FrameMaker version 10? Haven't been able to find it.

I'm trying to add a symbol to the symbol drop down list in the Quick Access bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's here, but hasn't been updated since FM 7.0:

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/framemaker/pdfs/Customizing_Frame_Products.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mike. I found that one but was thinking that there must be an updated version -- now I know there isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of documents that haven't been updated to support the latest version of FM, e.g. the MIF and Filters manuals, besides the Customizing. There, however, is an updated manual describing the INI files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Arnis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines