Skip navigation
fordag
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom does not show up in my registered products

Sep 22, 2010 2:21 PM

I registered Lightroom on 18 Sep 10.  It still has not shown up in my registered products.

I registered Photoshop CS5 on 18 Sep 10  as well, it does show up.

Is this a common problem?  I've done the registration again hoping it takes this time.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 22, 2010 2:32 PM   in reply to fordag

That's because Lightroom is a little bit of an orphaned product. Even though Adobe strangely put Photoshop in the Lightroom name (I still don't understand that), they have nothing to do with each other. Lightroom does not use the activation of CS products at all and so it will not show up anywhere. This also means that you don't have to deactivate a license on a computer if you want to move to another machine or OS. Your license code will keep working.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2010 2:51 PM   in reply to fordag

We have heard here many times now that customer support is absolutely terrible.

You can find your serial number in the help menu when choosing "System Info"

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2010 3:33 PM   in reply to fordag

They didn't move it. It was always there. They only removed it from

the about box. Don't know why they didn't remove this one. Regarding

costumer support, you have to realize that these are people that are

trained in scenarios. They are not real users in general.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2010 4:01 PM   in reply to fordag

I had a problem in the past with my Adobe registrations. It began either with PSCS2 or PSCS3 ... can't remember which.

Back in the olden days you could choose you your own Adobe ID user name. All of my registrations appeared under this account as I added them myself when I purchased software. With the introduction of the later CS apps ... there is the function to register the software automatically during the installation process .. so I did ... what happened though, was either through my lack of attention or by default a new Adobe account was created using my email address as the Adobe login username ... after much frustration of seeking out why my serial numbers were not showing up in my traditional account, I discovered the existence of the second account by reviewing the confirmation email from Adobe for the new account ....

So ... at this point all my legacy software was registered under the old account, PSCS3, IDCS3 and Lightroom were under the new account ... all properly registered .. just in two locations ... so then I spent some quality time on the phone with Adobe CS and several hours later all my registrations appeared in one location and the extra account was deleted.

I don't know if this will help your situation ... just sharing my experience to see if it sheds any light on your situation ....

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 9:22 PM   in reply to Jao vdL

Thanks for the heads up buddy!! Cheers LJ

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers