• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to see an imported FLV file on the timeline

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling this is a really basic question, but I am pretty new to Flash. I've imported an FLV file. This file is a slideshow of photographs with a Ken Burns effect already applied. I was hoping that I would be able to see the video frames on a timeline. What I then want to be able to do is jump to different frames (approximately where the photo changes) as a result of clicking buttons.

I thought this would be a good project to do in Flash as a way to learning.

Lots of help needed

Thanks,

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

The very bottom of the screen, you'll see something like 24fps. You can edit that as well if you need too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import the video, use the options to import it to a MovieClip. This will stick it on the timeline and you can see the individual frames you are looking for.

Please click to indicate the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the option. I'm using CS4. My steps are:

File>Import>Import video

Load external video with playback component

I click Next, select no skin.

I then get a screen telling me where the video is located etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not have "Embed FLV in SWF and play in Timeline Option"?

(I can't remember in CS4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do have that. However, when I click Finish at the end of the wizard, the video is on the stage but I only get one frame marked. When I press ctrl-Enter the video plays. Do I need to set something to "expand" the movie on the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next option after choosing embed is to use the drop down box (where it says Embedded Video) and use the MovieClip option.

That'll get you all the frames in the video on the timeline.

Please indicate the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting close. I now have a timeline. However, when I click on different frames my video on the stage does not change. Should it? Should I be viewing differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you imported it, embedded it as an MC, you should be able to scrub the timeline and see the video change - assuming your timline is the length of the video. Double check the frame rate of your video and the frame rate on your timeline for an accurate match.

Try importing to a fresh flash file too, to make sure nothing in your other flash file is hindering your progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check the frame rates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The very bottom of the screen, you'll see something like 24fps. You can edit that as well if you need too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines