Skip navigation
magitekpange
Currently Being Moderated

Share to Youtube Function Not Working (Premiere Elements 8)

Sep 25, 2010 7:26 AM

I just bought Premiere Elements about two weeks ago.  I successfully uploaded two videos to youtube and they worked like a charm.  Today when I go through the Share button to upload a video to youtube, when I hit next, nothing happens.  The Share area of the program seems to freeze and I cannot choose any options.  After several minutes, an error message pops up that says:

"Online services encountered an error.  The service will now be terminated or paused if possible."

Has any one else had this problem? Do you have any tips on how I can make it work?  I've tried all the share presets (HD, 320x240 flash, etc).  I purposely bought this program to get rid of the save-file-to-pc-and-from-there-log-in-and-upload-to-youtube process.  Aiee, how frustrating!

Thank you for your input!

~Pange

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 25, 2010 7:29 AM   in reply to magitekpange

Have you gone to Edit/Preferences and updated your Web Settings?

If it still doesn't work, you can always create the clip as an MOV and load it manually to YouTube. Many people prefer this method, since it often produces much cleaner, better defined results.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2010 8:01 AM   in reply to magitekpange

Well, YouTube tends to be a moving target. They're always changing their settings and uploading and transcoding methods. It's almost like they're out to sabotage these programs that load directly to it.

Meantime, until it all gets sorted out, here's a workaround (from the FAQs to the right of this forum) that takes no more effort, yet gives you excellent results. I recommend following John Cloudman's suggestions. I think you'll be very happy with the results!

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/623549?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2010 11:59 AM   in reply to magitekpange

Dude i'm having the same problem. And just like you, IT JUST HAPPENED TO ME. Isn't it kinda a weird counicidance that we're all having this same problem at the same time? I bet it's not us, it's adobe disbaling stuff because their updating it.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2010 1:26 PM   in reply to Ellismore

Ellismore wrote:

Dude i'm having the same problem. , it's adobe disbaling stuff because their updating it.

Its not working for me either. However it would seem rather more likely that this is due to YouTube making changes than somehow Adobe accessing my machine remotely and turning off something in the application to persuade me to upgrade! But obviously conspiracy theories are for more exciting than the obvious.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2010 2:23 PM   in reply to magitekpange

I too suddenly lost the ability to upload directly from Premiere Elements 8 to YouTube yesterday. 
    Though rendering a file and then uploading is certainly possible, this is a serious interruption in my workflow.

I also agree that it is likley something that changed at YouTube, but Adobe needs to jump on this and address the problem for all the Premiere Elements users ASAP!

Please Adobe! Don't leave us haning out to dry on this!

Ken C.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2010 3:11 PM   in reply to creasman00

As we regular point out on this forum, this is not the place to get a message to Adobe.

If you'd like to contact Adobe or make them aware of an issue, you must do so by clicking the Contact button at the top of this web page.

Posting to this forum is the least likely way to get a message through.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to magitekpange

I know this post has been dormant for awhile, but I am suddenly having the same issue with Premiere 8 and YouTube.  Has worked flawlessly for a long time & suddenly broken

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to Brad935935

Brad,

Welcome to the forum.

As a test, I would Share the Timeline to a YouTube Preset, and then try to manually upload that resultant file to YouTube. Does that work?

Note: I never used PrE 8, so cannot remember exactly what the YouTube Presets might be, and also never used any of the direct upload features - I always used a workflow, as I outlined in that "test."

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 12:25 AM   in reply to Pete Marshall

I just got this email from Google. The troubleshooting steps only apply to a mail client. I'm pretty sure the unauthorised attempt, which contained the correct user naem and password, was Premiere Elements.  I think Google has made me a victim of its ubiquity. As though managing passwrods were not already difficult enough. Its not Adobe its Google

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account, xxxxxx@gmail.com. We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Wednesday, 20 June 2012 22:27:06 GMT
    IP Address: 76.74.170.7 (adobe.com)

If you do not recognise this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately. Find out how at http://support.google.com/accounts?p=reset_pw

If this was you and you want to give this application access to your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at http://support.google.com/mail?p=client_login

Sincerely,
    The Google Accounts Team

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 9:47 AM   in reply to magitekpange

One user, BLZP just received instructions from Adobe T/S, on resetting YouTube info, and it appears in this THREAD. Hope that this helps others.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points