• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RTMFP Connection Problem

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys. I'm using the RTMFP protocol to publish and play video and audio, but i'm with a little problem. I installed the FMS 4 Development Server in a Windows Server machine located in our local network and it works perfectly. In order to deploy our application, we have a remote server with a fresh install of the Ubuntu 10.04 Server, and the FMS 4 installed in this server. In other server we have the Java and Flex application, which will be used in the client browser.

The problem is that when trying to change the NetConnection url to the remote FMS server, which is the Ubuntu server, the netconnection can't connect to it. When changing to the RTMP protocol it connects, but with the RTMFP don't. I can't find any information in the log files or anything else.

Does anyone can help me?

Regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firewall perhaps? The RTMFP port range is 19350 and up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i just checked everything here and it seems like the ports are ok. I don't know if not being in the same address as the FMS could be the problem.

Do you have any ideas?

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, doing some more tests i figured out that the rtmfp ports listened by the server are just related to local ports (like 127.0.0.0:19350) and the act of opening such ports are related to the FMS config. The windows firewall is already off, and the server firewall is configured to accept connections through this port range.

So the question now is, how could i configure my FMS to serve all functionalities to remote clients? Because, seeing the command "netstat -a" i was able to see that the RTMP port is listening to 0.0.0.0:1935, which is not the same case to the UDP ports.

Any ideas on this?

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one has deployed any FMS server?

It's too hard to troubleshoot this problem, if the app runs in localhost the RTMFP protocol works nicely, but if i call it from a remote server using the DNS name, only the RTMP protocol works.

Is it any Flash configuration? Or any FMS configuration? The firewall seems to be ok.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if RTMFP works locally, and RTMP works remotely,I would suspect it to be a network issue. Are you sure there isn't a firewall blocking UDP 19350-65535? What about your router configuration? Is your server behind a router, and if so, have you forwarded those UDP ports to the FMS server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the reply. Well, i used the http://cc.rtmfp.net/ to test the connectivity of the RTMFP, like the docs suggest, and it says that everything is fine.

As i understood, after reading some docs, when the user connect to the FMS through the RTMFP protocl the FMS redirect it to an edge server. Maybe this redirect that isn't working, i don't know. Actually i think that FMS could give more logs in order to debug every point of the connection process so that i could give you more info.

To illustrate a little bit more: the server that i'm deploying the FMS is an Amazon server, and i'm trying to use a Flex client in my LAN that have a NetConnection pointing to this Amazon server, through it's DNS, something like http://myfms.com. And the test that i did is to point to the localhost url and put this client into the amazon server, which worked nice. I'm without ideas about what should i do next, i've tryed to config the Adaptor without success.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tester you linked to appears to just test client side connectivity to a designated test server. That won't tell you anything about your server.

Given that you're hosting on Amazon, i bet you need to get ports opened on the firewall. Have you done that already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i have, i created a firewall rule that open the UDP ports between

the 19350-65535 range. But sincerely i couldn't test the connectivity of

these ports, mainly because the UDP protocol is connectionless. My test was

through the NetConnection, and i'm having these troubles.

So don't you think that this issue is related to the FMS config? Is it

surely a network trouble?

Regards.

2010/9/28 JayCharles <forums@adobe.com>

The tester you linked to appears to just test client side connectivity to a

designated test server. That won't tell you anything about your server.

>

Given that you're hosting on Amazon, i bet you need to get ports opened on

the firewall. Have you done that already?

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you need to open UDP 1935 and 19350-65535.  in addition, last time i checked Amazon EC2 instances were behind a NAT.  when located behind a NAT, FMS must be configured with its public (outside NAT) address in order for the connection to work.  you configure this in .../fms/conf/_defaultRoot_/Adaptor.xml in the Adaptor.RTMFP.Core.HostPortList section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines