Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Shifting Flex project from Flex SDK 3.5 to Flex SDK 4.0

Aug 30, 2010 2:07 AM

Hi,

I am currently working on a Flex project using Flex 3.5 SDK. I want to shift my project to Flex 4.0 SDK.

When I changed the project settings to use SDK 4.0, I got lot of unknown location errors.

1) 1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ImportExportConfiguration

2) 1061: Call to a possibly undefined method setSelection through a reference with static type mx.core.ITextInput

While the same code of flex was working satisfactorily in Flex SDK 3.5.

Please tell, how can I get rid of these error and successfully shift my project to Flex SDK 4.0.

Regards,

Nitika Agarwal

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 30, 2010 10:11 AM   in reply to Nitika_Ag

It sounds like you have been using an outdated version of TLF with Flex 3.5. With the shipping version of TLF 1.0 you'll find in Flex 4.0 there is no longer an ImportExportConfiguration class and the function you're using on ITextInput is now called selectRange(). So what you need to do is update your code to the shipping TLF APIs.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2010 11:24 AM   in reply to Nitika_Ag

We unfortunately do not have a step-by-step recipe for converting code based on our prerelease labs API to the shipping API.

The main documentation page is here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/ind ex.html

(you can set the products and runtime filters to what's appropriate for your project)

If there are things that you can't figure out from the docs please post code snippets here and I'll try to help.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2010 11:26 PM   in reply to Nitika_Ag

Hi,

For resolving these issue you can perform the following workaround:

1. Go to your project build path,select source path tab and in add folder add your flex 4.0 sdk theame location on my system it is

c:\p.f\adobe\fFlashbuilder\sdk\freamwork\theme

After that a source folder is created in your project path

2.  In comipler option add -theme=Halo/halo.swc in additional compiler argument option.

Amazingly your prblem will be solved

Thanks

Gaurav Kumar Pandey

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2010 9:12 PM   in reply to Nitika_Ag

Hi nikita,

First i am surprised why i told you is not working for you , becoz it works fine in my application without breaking my flex3 UI by the way you can also recheck your compatibility mode set to backward compatibility.

By the way you said that you have a diffrent workaround i.e. to replace style proeprties form mx to spark , that will hamper your UI (if you can bother it). If you want to use both the mx and spark style togather there is a good article on the below link:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/flex3and4_differences.html

That will let you how you can use both styles togather

Thanks

Gaurav Kumar Pandey

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2010 3:57 AM   in reply to Nitika_Ag

Hi,

I am using the OS.capabilities for only mac linux and Window's but not for XP ,7 etc.Can you tell exactely what you want to do. I am sespicious is there any API for that.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Kumar Pandey

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2010 4:07 AM   in reply to Nitika_Ag

Hi,

We are using mdm zinc to build our application on diffrenent os In mdm zinc API there is some functions:

1. mdm.System.servicePack

2. mdm.System.winVerString:String

3.mdm.Syste.winVerStringDetails.

That might give what you want .One thing i know these are based on flash System API , you can explore them or use MDM Zinc

Thanks,

Gaurav Kumar Pandey

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2010 5:03 AM   in reply to Nitika_Ag

Hi ,

These API's are present in mdm.swc . More information you could find on below link:

http://www.multidmedia.com

Thanks

Gaurav Kumar Pandey

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2010 8:47 PM   in reply to Nitika_Ag

Hi,

I don' t find any API that is of Flex itself to provide such information.You may post your question in FlexSDK general forum , more expert are there ,might be thaey give you some solution. If you find any such API in Flex itself ,please let me know.

Thanks

Gaurav Kumar Pandey

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2011 11:41 PM   in reply to Nitika_Ag

Hi Nitika,

I am getting the same issue with autocompete combo box. Could you please tell me how did you resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points