Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone ever gotten the Date Picker to work?

Sep 28, 2010 9:33 PM

Title says it all ... ;-)

Brad Lawryk

Adobe Community Professional: Dreamweaver

Northern British Columbia Adobe Usergroup: Manager

Thompson Rivers University: Dreamweaver Instructor

My Adobe Blog: http://blog.lawryk.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 28, 2010 10:32 PM   in reply to Brad Lawryk

Are you referring to the jQuery Date Picker?  It works fine for me, what is the problem you are having?

-Scott Richards

Dreamweaver Team

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2010 2:27 PM   in reply to Brad Lawryk

Are you talking about the jQuery UI Date Picker Widget that I posted for the Widget Browser? This Widget is just a <div> with an id it relies on jQuery to create the Datepicker control but Javascript needs to be running so you have to click the "Live View" button in Dreamweaver or select "Preview in Browser" after saving the file.  Then you will see the Datepicker control.

-Scott Richards

Dreamweaver Team

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2010 6:36 PM   in reply to Brad Lawryk

No sorry if I was not clear.  Getting the jQuery UI Datepicker Widget inserted in your site does not require knowledge of jQuery.

After you insert the Widget in Dreamweaver you should see the bounding rectangle around the widget like below:

InsertedInDw.PNG

Now Save the document.

Dreamweaver will prompt you to save all of the .js and .css files.

Dreamweaver should fix up the links to the corresponding location in your web site.

To see the Widget in Dreamweaver's Design View. The Javascript needs to get run because the code uses jQuery to transform that simple div into html and dynamically applies css to it.

Click the "Live View" button in the toolbar at the top of the document, it should like the following:

LiveView.png

After you have saved the file, you can Preview in any browser

PreviewInFirefox.PNG

You can watch a tutorial that show's how to use the Widget Browser here:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-dreamweaver-cs5/using-the-widget-brows er/

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2010 9:33 AM   in reply to Brad Lawryk

To have the calendar pop up when you enter an edit field and fill in the contents with the selected date just replace the <div id="datepicker"></div> tag with <input type="text" id="datepicker" />.

Here is what it looks like in Live View when you click in the edit field

Capture.PNG

If you want to do something more than what is surfaced by the Widget Developer when you click on the Configure button you should reference the documentation for the widget.  There are great examples of different ways to use the DatePicker and different things it can do. They show the code and javascript parameters you need to specify to get the different functionality here:

http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/

Also you can modify the css classes for the widget to the get the look you desire after inserting it in Dreamweaver.

There is a link in the property inspector when the widget is selected to the Widgets documentation "Widget Help". Click on that for help on modifying the Widget beyond what is available in the Widget Browser.  See below:

Capture2.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2010 1:01 PM   in reply to Scott DRichards

After configuring my calandar to pup up, I can't get it to submit the Fields. The rest of my form is submitted through email, but the selected dates from the Calander aren't sent. Would you happen to know why?

thanks.

Edgar

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2010 4:40 PM   in reply to EMSUser

You can wire up the Date Picker to an edit field as I pointed in the above instructions and as long as the edit field is in your form it will be submitted when you click on the form.  If you want to submit multiple dates you are going to have to dive into the Javascript code for the jQuery datepicker.

Here is the documentation and some examples:

http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/

-Scott

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 7:47 AM   in reply to Scott DRichards

I am trying to use the Date Picker on a form. It looks like everything is working but when I receive the form data the date is not received. What do you mean by 'wire up the Date Picker to an edit field'?

Can I send you a link to my form to see what is wrong?

Thanks,

Cindy

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to Brad Lawryk

How do I  include links to the jQuery library in the header?

Cindy

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points