Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you draw a circle in indesign?

Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could be really stupid but is there a tool to draw a circle somewhere? it's not in the left hand menu with the rectangle tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is.

From http://help.adobe.com/en_US/InDesign/6.0/WSa285fff53dea4f8617383751001ea8cb3f-6c1fa.html:

"Click and hold the Rectangle tool to select either the Ellipse or Polygon tool."

To constrain to a circle (rather than 'any ellipsoid'), hold Shift down while you drag out your circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all - I'm new to this game and it's a bit scary at the moment - a big jump from working in Pages/Word!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations, and welcome! In time, you will never want to try designing a document in Word again (insofar that was even possible). Don't know anything about Pages, though. It seems it sports a pretty end user targeted interface -- not something Adobe is bothered about...

Can we (the collective Wisdom) coerce you into buying a book, to help you get going? Sandee Cohen's Visual Quickstart for InDesign [Insert Your Version Here] is regarded one of the best: http://www.amazon.com/InDesign-CS4-Macintosh-Windows-QuickStart/dp/0321573579

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that - I'm appreciating the support right now as it feels like a mountain. Had set aside the Christmas holidays to master it but the church I work for wants rebranding! I have Cs5 for mac so I will see if they've done a version of the book for that/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandee's CS5 version: http://amzn.to/9fPcTx

Real World InDesign is also highly recommended: http://amzn.to/aWeamb

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down the tool that draws rectangles and you'll see the ellipse and polygon tools revealed. Any tool with a little arrow in the lower right has additional hidden tools you can access that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alt/opt click the rectangle tool to cycle through the choices.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines