Skip navigation
Arnoud Bos
Currently Being Moderated

i feel stupid :)

Dec 13, 2009 2:12 PM

Hi all,

i'm trying to integrate pmd in our build with ant but get the following rror:

[flexPmd] net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetNotFoundException: Can't find resource com/adobe/ac/pmd/rulesets/architecture.xml. Make sure the resource is a valid file or URL or is on the CLASSPATH

[flexPmd] at net.sourceforge.pmd.util.ResourceLoader.loadResourceAsStream(Resource Loader.java:28)

[flexPmd] at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetFactory.parseRuleSetReferenceNode(RuleSetF actory.java:284)

[flexPmd] at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetFactory.parseRuleNode(RuleSetFactory.java: 251)

[flexPmd] at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetFactory.parseRuleSetNode(RuleSetFactory.ja va:209)

[flexPmd] at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetFactory.createRuleSet(RuleSetFactory.java: 157)

[flexPmd] at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetFactory.createRuleSet(RuleSetFactory.java: 146)

[flexPmd] at com.adobe.ac.pmd.engines.AbstractFlexPmdEngine.loadRuleset(AbstractFl exPmdEngine.java:184)

[flexPmd] at com.adobe.ac.pmd.engines.AbstractFlexPmdEngine.<init>(AbstractFlexPmd Engine.java:100)

I set it up like on the doc page and if i echo the task with filled in paths i get the right ones:
Buildfile: build.xml
     [echo]
     [echo]
     [echo] <taskdef name="flexPmd"
     [echo] classname="com.adobe.ac.pmd.ant.FlexPmdAntTask"
     [echo] classpath="/Users/arnoudbos/Desktop/AgileFlex2/_build/taskdef-lib/flex pmd/1.0/flex-pmd-ant-task-1.0.jar">
     [echo] <classpath>
     [echo] <pathelement location="/Users/arnoudbos/Desktop/AgileFlex2/_build/taskdef-lib/flex pmd/1.0/as3-parser-1.0.jar"/>
     [echo] <pathelement location="/Users/arnoudbos/Desktop/AgileFlex2/_build/taskdef-lib/flex pmd/1.0/as3-parser-api-1.0.jar"/>
     [echo] <pathelement location="/Users/arnoudbos/Desktop/AgileFlex2/_build/taskdef-lib/flex pmd/1.0/as3-plugin-utils-1.0.jar"/>
     [echo] <pathelement location="/Users/arnoudbos/Desktop/AgileFlex2/_build/taskdef-lib/flex pmd/1.0/commons-lang-2.4.jar"/>
     [echo] <pathelement location="/Users/arnoudbos/Desktop/AgileFlex2/_build/taskdef-lib/flex pmd/1.0/flex-pmd-core-1.0.jar"/>
     [echo] <pathelement location="/Users/arnoudbos/Desktop/AgileFlex2/_build/taskdef-lib/flex pmd/1.0/flex-pmd-files-1.0.jar"/>
     [echo] <pathelement location="/Users/arnoudbos/Desktop/AgileFlex2/_build/taskdef-lib/flex pmd/1.0/flex-pmd-ruleset-1.0.jar"/>
     [echo] <pathelement location="/Users/arnoudbos/Desktop/AgileFlex2/_build/taskdef-lib/flex pmd/1.0/flex-pmd-ruleset-api-1.0.jar"/>
     [echo] <pathelement location="/Users/arnoudbos/Desktop/AgileFlex2/_build/taskdef-lib/flex pmd/1.0/plexus-utils-1.0.2.jar"/>
     [echo] <pathelement location="/Users/arnoudbos/Desktop/AgileFlex2/_build/taskdef-lib/flex pmd/1.0/pmd-4.2.5.jar"/>
     [echo] </classpath>
     [echo] </taskdef>
     [echo]
     [echo]
i call the task without a ruleset so it should use the default one, right?

<flexPmd sourceDirectory="${src.flex.dir}" outputDirectory="${build.pmd.dir}" />

any thoughts? No one but me seems to have trouble to get the thing to work ....

i use the latest version 1.0 from the adobe opensource site

any help would be highly appreciated!

Arnoud

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 13, 2009 10:50 PM   in reply to Arnoud Bos

Ok. Your error means that your flex-pmd-ruleset-1.0-jar is not foud.

You need to make sure that this file is in the class-path.

Xavier

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2010 7:28 AM   in reply to Arnoud Bos

Did you ever get this to work?

I'm having the EXACT same problem, and I've verified that my paths are correct, file names are correct, etc.  I just can't figure out why it's not picking up the ruleset jar, when it's clearly there.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2010 7:29 AM   in reply to clotton

Hi,

could you try using this newer build http://www.rialvalue.com/flexPmd/updateSite/

We´ll release this version early next week. this problems should be fixed there

Xavi    

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2010 8:15 AM   in reply to xavi.beumala

Thank you for the link, but I'm afraid it doesn't contain a build.  Only a jar with one xml file in it. 

Do older versions of flex pmd work?

Thanks

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2010 8:18 AM   in reply to clotton

Hi,

it's not a build, it's an update site for the eclipse plugin. I think I've missed read your thread though thinking you had a problem with the eclipse plugin and the project paths

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2010 8:19 AM   in reply to xavi.beumala

No, the issue is with the ant task, not the eclipse plugin.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2010 8:22 AM   in reply to clotton

Did you add the ruleset jar to the ant task classpath?

That's all you should need to do.

Xavier

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2010 8:27 AM   in reply to Xavier Agnetti

Yes, and confirmed its path and spelling is valid.  Like Arnoud, I've used the example ant task provided.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2010 8:46 AM   in reply to Arnoud Bos

FYI, I've tried version 1.2, 1.1, and 1.0 with the same result:

Re: i feel stupid :) net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetNotFoundException: Can't find resource com/adobe/ac/pmd/rulesets/architecture.xml. Make sure the resource is a valid file or URL or is on the CLASSPATH

Re: i feel stupid :)      at net.sourceforge.pmd.util.ResourceLoader.loadResourceAsStream(Resource Loader.java:28)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetFactory.parseRuleNodeWithExclude(RuleSetFa ctory.java:385)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetFactory.parseExternallyDefinedRuleNode(Rul eSetFactory.java:331)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetFactory.parseRuleNode(RuleSetFactory.java: 263)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetFactory.createRuleSet(RuleSetFactory.java: 199)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetFactory.createRuleSet(RuleSetFactory.java: 172)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at com.adobe.ac.pmd.engines.AbstractFlexPmdEngine.loadRuleset(AbstractFl exPmdEngine.java:181)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at com.adobe.ac.pmd.engines.AbstractFlexPmdEngine.(AbstractFlexPmdEngine .java:100)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at com.adobe.ac.pmd.engines.FlexPmdXmlEngine.(FlexPmdXmlEngine.java:58)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at com.adobe.ac.pmd.ant.FlexPmdAntTask.execute(FlexPmdAntTask.java:58)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces sorImpl.java:25)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.jav a:105)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(Single CheckExecutor.java:38)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.eclipse.ant.internal.launching.remote.EclipseSingleCheckExecutor. executeTargets(EclipseSingleCheckExecutor.java:30)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces sorImpl.java:25)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.jav a:105)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExe cutor.java:41)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.eclipse.ant.internal.launching.remote.EclipseDefaultExecutor.exec uteTargets(EclipseDefaultExecutor.java:32)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.eclipse.ant.internal.launching.remote.InternalAntRunner.run(Inter nalAntRunner.java:423)

Re: i feel stupid :)      at org.eclipse.ant.internal.launching.remote.InternalAntRunner.main(Inte rnalAntRunner.java:137)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2010 11:09 AM   in reply to Arnoud Bos

Just curious if anybody has actually used the example ant task/target successfully?  I've seen plenty of blogs and tutorials online, but they all seem to just copy/paste the example ant target provided by Adobe, which leads me to believe they probably haven't used the target.  If you have a successfully running flex pmd ant target, could you post it?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2010 11:22 AM   in reply to Arnoud Bos

I just got it to work by switching to Ant 1.8.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2010 4:34 PM   in reply to clotton

Doesn't answer your question but I actually just run the jar file from a macrodef... 

<java jar="${flexpmd.dir}/flex-pmd-command-line-${flexpmd.version}.jar"

fork="true" failonerror="true" outputproperty="@">

<arg value="-s@"/>

<arg value="-o@"/>

<arg value="-r@"/>

<mkdir dir="$/reports/flexpmd" />           <flexPmd                sourceDirectory="$/src"

outputDirectory="$/reports/flexpmd"

ruleSet="${flexpmd.dir}/rulesets/pmd.xml"

outputProperty="flexpmd.out"/>

</target

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2010 8:51 AM   in reply to Arnoud Bos

We resolved the issue.

It seems the Ant 1.7 supplied to us contained an old pmd-4.1.jar in the lib directory.   Removing that jar solves the problem.  This jar wasn't present in the supplied Ant 1.8, which is why that version worked.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points