Thank you, nice simple nswer.
Now next time Dreamweaver's caught up in a crash and wipes all my site configs (15+), I'll have a back up. Been a really tedious afternoon. Good old fashioned "write it on a bit of paper" comes to the rescue.
Thank you again Randy. All the best.
Hind sight is an irritating thing... I had hoped to salvage something.. which is actually why I asked.
Not being able to find the file and the clock ticking I just had to get on with it so of course Dreamweaver over wrote whatever might have been there. Probably wasn't anything to salvage but trying to problem solve I thought it worth exploring. Too much to do is the problem....
Up side is I've updated my paper copy.. so I'm bullet... er Adobe proof. Ouch, I know, not fair. I'm grouchy.
I do, on my old laptop, which I've dug out from under the bed and is sitting on the coffee table infront of me right now ready to have a go at resurrecting the site's I've not had to work on this afternoon. Of course, the sites needing attention this afternoon would be the newer one's acquired since I upgraded my kit. Always the way.
I did back-up those sites.. but it's a Tiger laptop and when I tried to go to where I thought the definitions were in Snow Leopard, it somehow looked unfamilar. But in the heat of the moment, everything looks unfamilar.
I'm contemplating setting up an Applescript to periodically back up the file automatically.
You sussed me... well done. Thanks again Randy.