• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player keeps asking to be installed

New Here ,
May 17, 2006 May 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, in the last week i have been receiving, everytime i go to a flash content webpage, a message to install macromedia flash player 8. After i have agreed to install it the same message appears, and i still can't see any flash content . I'm sure I had flash player 8 previously installed. I've been around the forums and the technical support but i haven't found any solution. My OS is Windows XP SP2, my web browser is IE 6.
TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2006 May 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same problem and do not know how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2006 May 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. My initial attempt at installation failed and ever since then it keeps trying to install the player. The player shows up in the Add/Remove programs list where it cannot be removed in the usual manner. I downloaded the utility from Adobe to remove the player...and this does remove it from the list but attempts to re-install the player continue to fail. I have checked all the registry permissions as suggested in support FAQ's and these appear to be O.K....so I am at a loss as to how to get the player installed correctly. I also tried a new browser installation(Internet Explorer 7 beta2)...no joy there either... Must be a registry issue? Any help anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2006 May 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but nothing is in the Add/Remove programs list. This started for me after i deleted/reinstalled J2SE, but I'm not sure if that is the cause or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2006 May 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i am getting same problem this messes me up as well as i use a lot of test sites etc,,why have this company not sorted it!!
Its crazy i have tried everything but cant get flash to work,i uninstalled the reinstalled ,loaded in fine done,,but when i go on site etc says must have flash player,,ITS LIKE WHAT IVE GOT IT,,COME ON FLASH GUYS GIVE US THE DAMN SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM,,BY THE WAY XP PRO,WINDOWS JUST IN CASE...
ANYBODY FINDS THE SOLUTION PLEASE LET US KNOW...THANX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here is another one. I have the same issue. I have tried nearly all things, but no result. I have same problem with v6.0 and v7.0 players but i solved that with reinstalling OS(Windows XP SP2 with IE 6). Now don't have time for that so i am truly pissed off!!. I was using v8.5 when developing Flex 2.0 apps for 2 months without single problem, and about a hour ago i have got the problem. I am suddenly stuck in place and with no hope. I tried the thing with registry caused by some anty-spyware - firewall software, but again notting, i have tested 3 diferent browsers(with several ver. of players) and nope, uinstallers don't work.......... arghhhh i going insane something i very very wrong. We must find solution! Keep on trying folks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - same problem. The Flash version identifier reports player 8 is installed. But when I go to Web sites they say I need to install Flash Player 8 and direct me to the player install page. What gives? Can't find help anywhere!

Windos Media Center 2005 - SP 2
Internet Explorer Version 7 beta
(but same problem occurs under Mozilla, Opera)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2006 May 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bumped in to the following which helped me to resolve the problem.

http://www.amarasoftware.com/flash-player-fix.htm

1) First uninstall the current most likly corrupted Flash player.
2) Then install the Flash player from the official adobe website, somehow installing it from another source was causing problems again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2006 May 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok guys, i got it working somehow. not sure if all these steps are needed, but i'll list everything i did:
1. use the adobe uninstaller, get it at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157, and uninstall any and all flash players.

2. restart

3. after restart i installed internet explorer 7 beta (not sure if this affected anything)

4.download the flash install file from adobe.com

i also read somewhere, that restarting after install might work, i didn't need to though. hopes this helps you guys out. oh yeah, if you guys don't know, there's an faq, might help too. http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15511

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2006 Jun 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lancetronic,

YOU DID IT!!!! I was being driven nuts trying to install flash player 8. Your advice worked perfectly. Why Adobe can't post this in their faqs is beyond me. Hope it works for everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2006 Jun 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok sorry for delay, but i had i lot of work lately. I solved this 1 week ago (not permanently but works). This worked for me:
1. I was reding the: GETTING TO BE A REAL PROBLEM!!!! - " http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=184&threadid=1148342&enterthread=... thread" so a french guy: ~Jean-Marc~ wrote this http://docxp.mvps.org/b1n/FlashRepair.exe patch which seems to reapair problem with registry key changed by antivirus / antispyware software. I use it, but it didnt help me a lot so i tried a number of installs and uninstalls of the player( not the ActiveX ver) and it did't work.
2. I use CrapCleaner - http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ to delete any left out registry of previous installations of palyers, use it with coution(do back up of the registry) and after new fresh install of the palyer and putting Jean-Marc's patch finally i got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2006 Jun 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem i have help me how to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - same problem. The Flash version identifier reports player 8 is installed. But when I go to Web sites they say I need to install Flash Player 8 and direct me to the player install page. What gives? Can't find help anywhere!

Windos Media Center 2005 - SP 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been frustrated with this problem in both Firefox and IE, and after reading the various solutions, here is what worked for me. (Note--I did not want to download a beta of IE 7 so that was out.) I had already used the Adobe uninstall utility, and that didn't help in either browser. For IE, I used Warlockuss's suggestion to search for flash--the actual file is getflash.exe. I found several, and the one I used was in Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. Run it, and it will say there is a new version available. Let it update and be sure to restart your browser. (You don't have to restart Windows.)

For Firefox, I went to a web page that wasn't working and Firefox popped up its own "update plug-in" interface, and that worked perfectly (didn't even need to restart). However, there is also a getflash.exe file in the Firefox directory Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Plugins, which I presume will work just as cleanly.

I've complained to Adobe about this -- no gold bar ever appeared on the download page, I had all pop-up blockers, firewalls, Spyware blockers turned off, all to no avail. The above is what worked great for me (FINALLY). Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2006 May 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK GUYS THINK I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM WELL IT WORKED FOR ME...

FIRST GO TO SEARCH MAKE SURE YOU PUT SEARCH ON ADVANCED IE ALL SUB FOLDERS ETC..

THEN TYPE IN LOWER CASE ON SEARCH(( flash)) THATS ALL YOU NEED TO TYPE...WAIT A WHILE LOADS OF FILES ETC WILL SHOW UP..WHEN DONE LOOK FOR A BLUE ROUND SYMBOL ON THE LIST CALLED (get flash.)..

RIGHT CLICK ON THIS THEN OPEN CONTAING FOLDER,WHEN YOU DO DOUBLE CLICK ON THE OPEN FOLDER THAT SAYS(( get flash)), MAKE SURE BY THE WAY YOU ARE ON LINE.

.WHEN YOU DO DOUBLE CLICK IT ,YOU WILL BE ASKED TO UPDATE!! DO SO!!..THEN RESTART YA PC AFTER DONE..IT WORKED FOR ME ..TOOK ME AGES TO GET THIS PROB SORTED AND IN THE END IT WAS SIMPLE BUT ALL THINGS ARE ONCE YOU KNOW..

ALSO JUST IN CASE BEFORE THIS GO TO INTERNET OPTION AND SET EVERYTHING TO DEFAULT..GOOD LUCK ..HOPE IT WORKS FOR..YOU...

KEV..
LONDON UK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2006 May 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win98se/IE6sp1: Been trying to install Flash8 for over a month and finally got it.
Whilst browsing through this forum, I saw a post where somebody mentioned "incomplete install."

On a hunch, I tried again and before closing my brower, I peeked in the Temporary Internet Files folder and saw a download package cached there. I opened it with Winzip and extracted the 5 files to a new folder, closed everything, rebooted and ran "GetFlash.exe" locally.

Oh joy! it now works... previous attempts completely hosed ALL flash on my machine. I tried everything, ran the Uninstaller, cleaned the Registry, even tried to install a previous version. The only thing that worked was reinstalling Windows/IE and the very next upgrade attempt killed it again.

Thanks to all for posting your experiences/tips. And thanks to Adobe for wasting several days of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2006 May 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying for weeks now to view webpages like www.toyota.com and www.nissanusa.com. I am always asked to install flash player. I have done this several times and it still does not work. I have uninstalled, cleaned up the registery, made sure that macromedia is not on a list of untrusted publishers etc. I am really getting irritated with Adobe. They need to find a fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ihave the same problem it says that i have to download flash 8 but i already downloaded somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2006 Oct 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok Guys

Here is the one the worked for me:

1. If you have non-working flash currently installed procede to step 3

2. If not, install the flash player from the adobe web site:

http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

3. After installing the non-working flash player, I use CrapCleaner -

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

4. Once you open the Crap Cleaner software, click the "Applications tab and uncheck everything except for the "Multimedia" and the "Macromedia Flash" boxes.

5. Click the "Run Cleaner" button to delete any left out registry of previous installations of players.

6. This should get it working, but if not, run this file:

http://docxp.mvps.org/b1n/FlashRepair.exe patch

...seems to repair problem with registry key changed by antivirus / antispyware software.

....I know it was long, but this is what worked for me....

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines