• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't execute any app once updated from 1.5 to 2.0.4.

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2010 Oct 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was looking for any solution and have tried so many things without success.

Here is my problem.

Once i updated AIR runtime from 1.5 to 2.0.4 there appears a message when i try to

run any .air app. or even try to uninstall adobe air.

Here's the message:

"This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found. Please download the latest version of the runtime from http://www.adobe.com/go/getair_es, or contact the application author for an updated version."

I don't have any issue with version 1.5.

The problem is that the AIR apps requires 2.0.4 to keep working.

CPU: Intel Core Duo

Lang: Spanish

Log entry: error in stateQuitting: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Unhandled exception TypeError: Error #1009" errorID=1009]

When i get back to 1.5 AIR the message doen't appear anymore.

That makes me think in possible bug.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felipe,

I'm sorry you're running into problems with 2.0.4.  Can you tell me what applications you have installed that are causing the "This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found..." error to be displayed?  If possible, could you take a look at one of the app's application.xml files and let me know what it says for the application xmlns towards the top of the file (for example "C:\Program Files\TweetDeck\META-INF\AIR\application.xml")

Since you're having issues uninstalling, could you also include the contents of your AIR installer log?  You can find instructions for this here.

Finally, did you have the opportunity to install either the AIR 2.0.2 or 2.0.3 runtimes?  Or have you just gone from 1.5.3 to 2.0.4?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer Chris.

One of the applications that is causing this problem is: TweetDeck.

But last night i tried to install DestroyTwitter and the same story.

Even when i try to uninstall AIR.

These are the two first lines of the application.xml of TweetDeck:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1.5.3">

The log file doesn't existe. (I know this is weird)

And yes, i jump from 1.5.3 to 2.0.4 cause of the applications recommends to install 2.0.4

I hope this help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very odd.  Tweetdeck should definitely work with 2.0.4 and since the app descriptor says 1.5.3 then any runtime greater than that will work.  This, along with the missing log files, makes me think that there was a problem with the runtime install.

Would you mind trying either AIR 2.0.2 or 2.0.3 to see if we can rule out a 2.0.4 specific issue?  You can find old releases on the right side of this page.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2010 Oct 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Felipe,

I can definitely relate to this same problem.  As I've just posted in thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/737752?tstart=0 , AIR is working for me on Win 7 x64 as long as I stay on AIR 1.5x.  If AIR upgrades to 2.x, then all my AIR apps fail.

Hope all these reports help Adobe solve the issues with AIR 2.x

Regards . . . . Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines