• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do I find my Adobe Presenter serial number?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2010 Oct 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am brand new to Presenter 7, using it with MS Office 2010 (adobe just added support for Office 2010, hurray!).

When I attempt to install, it prompts me to enter the serial number, however, I cannot find it. The only serial number on the software box is for Acrobat 9 Pro extended, which I installed successfully. I cannot locate a serial number for Presenter 7. I've attempted to use the Acrobat 9 Pro serial number to install Presenter but it gives me an error (invalid serial number).

Does anyone know how I might locate my serial number for Presenter 7?

BTW, I do not have a connect pro account. All my work will be published to CD/DVD.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2010 Oct 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Presenter can be used for 30 days on Trial in case you do not have the key

Alternatively you can buy a license for the same by going to Adobe's website

By the way which box do you have, is it some suite or Acrobat alone ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

To answer your question, I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, which includes Presenter 7. I shouldn't have to buy a license for Presenter 7 because it's included with Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. I should have access to a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the following information:

1) Did you upgrade to Office 2010 from some earlier version or is this a fresh install of Office 2010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is a fresh install of Office 2010. Normally I operate on a Mac, but I am using a PC for the specific purpose of using Presenter 7. I have a brand new version of windows XP Pro with sp3 and new MS Office 2010.

Adobe says there is support for Office 2010, but I have been on the phone with them all evening (first Customer Support, then Tech Support, then the install team, then Adobe Connect, and back to Customer Support) and nobody there has been able to help me get the program installed properly.

There are two problems.

1) When I use the Presenter 7 install disk, I am given an error that says "Microsoft PowerPoint cannot be detected." I have PowerPoint installed already (PowerPoint 2010).

2) Then I go to http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/?promoid=DJDXB and click the download link to download a new version of presenter 7 that is compatible with MS Office 2010. But when I do this, it requires a serial number to install presenter 7. As I stated above, there is no serial number included in the software package.

I've also tried the "autoplay" tactic that I've read about online but it doesn't work.

This is very frustrating for obvious reasons. If Adobe's site says they support MS Office 2010 for Presenter 7, why am I unable to install?

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. I'm on the phone now going through the same transfer from one place to another.  First customer care, then tech support, then Adobe Connect, and back to customer care.  They then wanted to send me back to tech support.  I then asked for a manager in customer care and am typing this as I'm waiting for the manager.  Last night I did an online chat and had to explain the situation several times for the tech person to get what I was talking about.  Had to go through the same thing today, 4 different times.  First they told me it (Adobe eLearning Suite and Acrobat 9 were already installed on 2 computers) I explained that Presenter didn't install when I installed these programs because it was looking for PowerPoint 2007.  Another person wanted me to uninstall/reinstall the programs.  I explained the program wasn't the problem, I just needed a serial number.  It has been over an hour since I started this process and still no luck.  Does any one at Adobe talk to anyone else at Adobe?

So after 2 1/2 hours of being transfered around and the tech support wanting to transfer me back to customer care I asked to speak to a manager. After going around in circles and they spoke to Adobe connect and customer care I am not eligible for the update.  I could do one of two things: either install a copy of Office 2007 or purchase a new copy of Presenter as a sland-alone product.  Becuase it came packaged with the above the upgrade wasn't available.

Hopefully, this headache of mine will save others from experiencing the same problem/nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe.com says Presenter 7 supports Office 2010, they even provide a link for the download. But apparently it's only supported if you are purchased Presenter 7 as a stand alone with a serial number, not if you paid $699 for it as part of Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. The misleading announcement is even present at the top of this forum: "Office 2010 compatibility arrives!! Click here to read more..."

It's difficult for me to comprehend how a company with so many resources could miss this and leave their buyers in the dark with no remedy.

Adobe, please help us activate this software so that our money is not wasted. We would be more than happy to call customer support and provide our valid serial numbers for Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. Once the serial number is validated, you could generate a second serial number over the phone that would work for Presenter 7.

Please help us on this as we are loyal customers who enjoy your products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you have a valid Acdrobat 9 Pro Extended Serial Key

So please try out the following:

1) Install and Activate Acrobat on the system on which you are trying to install Presenter

2) Download and install Presenter(the one which installs on Office 2010) from the website

·         Close PowerPoint if running

·         Go to following Presenter Install location

o    <OS DRIVE>\Program Files\Adobe\Presenter 7\AMT

·         Rename AdobeConfig.xml and application.sif file to some other name say AdobeConfig.xml_bk and application.sif_bk

Reopen PowerPoint and access Presenter functionality.

It should work, otherwise it will ask to run and license Acrobat first on that machine.

Let me know if this workaround works for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to post a response.

Unfortunately, I cannot perform the steps you outlined becasue the location you specify (<OS DRIVE>\Program Files\Adobe\Presenter 7\AMT) does not exist on my machine.

When I click the link for Presenter 7 for Office 2010 from Adobe's website, it prompts me to download a file called presenter.msi and nothing else. Once the file is downloaded and I double click it, it says "Preparing to install...". Then on the next screen I am prompted for a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go ahead and install Presenter in Trial mode and post installation follow the steps mentioned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running Windows 7 in 64-bit mode it is found in Program Files (x86) instead of Program Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vishesh's solution works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vishesh's solution works for me also!!!  And now I finally have all of my Adobe Tech Com products working (all of which were "hosed" in one way or the other by my upgrade to Tech Com 2.5 and Office 2010.).  These forums are a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2010 Oct 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vishesh,

This worked for me, thank you.

But, does this still leave P7 in trial mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, you don't need a seperate serial number for Adobe Presenter, and your Acrobat serial key won't work.

Uninstall Adobe Presenter, then launch the AutoPlay executable for Acrobat Extended and click the "Install Adobe Presenter" button. Let Presenter install via that method and do not use the Presenter MSI file included in the Acrobat installation folder NOR any Presenter MSI file you download from the internet.

If you install Presenter via the autoplay splash screen it should install as a full installer (not a trial), and therefore not ask you for a serial key when you first launch the product.

Once Presenter is installed, go to the Help menu within Adobe Presenter, then go to Updates, and install the updates for 7.0.1, 7.0.2 and 7.0.5. If you are running office 2010 you will need the update 7.0.6 which is the update which allows for Office 2010 support.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Presenter link, when selected in Autoplay installer, begins to open and then stalls because it does not support Microsoft Powerpoint 2010.  The only way I can get it to work is by downloading Presenter 7 msi and then follow the method proposed by Vishesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2010 Oct 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see other post in relation to solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2010 Oct 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TCS,

What post contains your solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew A.

This is the post, and it works perfectly.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/733776?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources