• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut commands for zooming in & out

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in CS4 on a mac in OS 10.4.1. with a wireless mac extended keyboard. I inadvertantly changed/deleted the keyboard shortcut that I ALWAYS use to zoom in & zoom out in InDesign (option + shift + command) I think it is, or some combo of the keys in the lower right corner of the keyboard. Such a time saver over going to the zoom tool in the tool palette. Can someone help me return to my preferred setting? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts

Zoom commands are located in the Product Area under View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked there, and I see the set percentage option, but I'm looking to be able to

select areas in a file while still in the arrow tool (not having to switch to the

zoom tool) and highlight that particular area & zoom in to it, or use the key to get the decrease (-) zoom and click to mouse to zoom out. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Control (or command) +" for zoom in, and use the "-" for zoom out...

To be honest if you have a mouse wheel though, Alt plus the wheel will do it, and is quite effective when used with space bar for the hand tool to get around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command + Space Bar gives you the magnifying glass. Add the Option key to get the minus magnifying glass. Unless your OS has used that keyboard shortcut for something else. Is that what you were looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but what I get with command spacebar is somehow been attributed to my US extended keyboard. When I apply c0mmand + spacebar, in the upper right hand of my desktop, it toggles between the US flag symbol for the keyboard and the US extended keyboard. This is what I guess I want to disable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to: System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts

and disable anything that uses Command + Spacebar.

The system keyboard shortcuts take precedents (that's gotta be spelled wrong but the spell checker isn't flagging it) but over your application's keyboard shortcuts. I know they system shortcuts are there for a reason but I work in my applications so whenever I get a new machine I disable most of those shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This drove me crazy too. I use option + command + spacebar all the time to zoom out. However I found the fix:

Go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Spotlight

Then uncheck Show Spotlight Window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great misnamedfitz‌! Finally nicely asked question and good answers
This happen to me couple of times, and I could never remember why it's happening and how to fix it. I'm sure I'll remember now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines