• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple page PDF in Illustrator CS5

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two pages in Illustrator and I want to create a 2 page PDF file. In CS3 there was a multiple page PDF  selection I could make in the save dialogue box of my Illustrator file. That feature is not there in Illustrator CS5. Is it possible to do this??

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

You simply use the "Use Artboards" option.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You simply use the "Use Artboards" option.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might need a bit more info, I don't use "art boards" I use an art board and

create multi pages within that one artboard. So, I would create several art boards then save as a pdf?

Seems more complicated then simply clicking an option. I will try it though,

Thank you.

sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

campy2012 wrote:

I might need a bit more info, I don't use "art boards" I use an art board and

create multi pages within that one artboard. So, I would create several art boards then save as a pdf?

Seems more complicated then simply clicking an option. I will try it though,

Thank you.

sarah

Not really...just think of it as Page=Artboard. So,

I. If you're creating a new file to save as a multi-page PDF, in the new file dialogue choose the number of Artboards to equal the number of pages. If unsure at the outset, just choose a sufficient number... you can always add or delete later. Give the Artboard/s the size of the page you want... eg A4, A5, or custom, etc., etc. Create the matter of each page on that number artboard.

II. If you're working with an existing file, then you already have the pages created on your single artboard. So:

1. Just resize the artboard to the output size

2. Move all matter of page one to that

3 Create new artboards (2, 3, 4, etc) and just move all mater corresponding to the already created pages 2, 3, 4, etc. to the respective artboards...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As everyone is suggesting make a change and use multiple artboards you have less problems and methods or reorganizing them that yu do not have with tiling.You have much bettercontrol over bleed area wihout being dependent on what is on the next tile, etc.

You will be much happier with artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For multifile PDFS The use artboards option in in the place where you write the file name, not in the general pane. Also don't be like me and accidentally select only one artboard when I wanted multipages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution for me, although clumsy and time consuming, was to select Adobe Postscript file in the printer drop down menu of my printer dialogue box. This creates a .ps file on my desktop which I then open in acrobat and save as a pdf file. It saves the page tiling settings from Illustrator then.

As I am more comfortable working on one artboard I needed a solution that worked within that restriction, this worked for me.

Thanks

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem! And that suggestion of using artboards instead of page tiling won't work in mi case, because I have to create a 126 page pdf, and you can only have 100 artboards in Illustrator...

So, is there any other way to to this besides changing to artboards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have more fun when doing all these pages in a layout software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I don't have any layout software available? Right now I can only work with Illustrator and Photoshop... Any idea of what can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to make more than one document then and add the pages in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I divided the PDF into 126 Illustrator files and put them in one folder, then I opened that folder with Bridge and found how to convert it into a PDF under "Output" (F4) options. That worked out perfectly!

I'm posting this in case someone has the same problem, this an alternative solution.

Thank you anyway for the sugestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pamelissha, How exactly did you do this?

No one seems to be helpful enough to show us how to create everything, and your idea seems so much easier. Could you elaborate a little?

You say you just made an ai file for each page, then put them all into one folder, and then opened all the files in acrobat and created a multipage pdf... ? Could you please give specifics?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget it - I figured it out - it is quite simple! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines