Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Resetting table rows to the inital count after pressing Reset Button

Level 6

Hello,

I know this is a simple JavaScript, but how do you reset a table's row count to the initial count after pressing a Reset button?  Currently, I have 3 rows as the initial count (as indicated in the Binding tab), but if I go and add 2 addition rows (thereby bringing it to 5),  then press the reset button to reset the entire form, all the data clears as expected, but the row count says at 5 instead of defaulting back to the initial row count of 3.

I tried adding  xfa.layout.relayout(); to the rest button script to no avail.

I presume need to use a script to trigger the row count (something count == 3)...I just don't know what script to use.

Please advise.

Thanks.

7 Replies

Level 10

I think you may need an xfa.form.remerge() instead of the xfa.layout.relayout().

Level 6

Hmmm, that didn't work...thank you for your input though; I appreciate it!

I think I may have gotten it to work with:

Body4.JobExp._detail.count = 2;

Body4 = subform name

JobExp = table name

_detail = row

I just added it to the Reset button's click event.

S

Former Community Member

This is the Javascript on my reset button now:

form1.BodyPage.ResetButton1::click - (JavaScript, client)
xfa.host.messageBox("Are you sure you want to erase ALL data on this form and start over?")
xfa.host.resetData();
xfa.form.remerge();
app.runtimeHighlight = false

I use the app. runtimeHighlight line to clear the red border on required items on a form reset.

Trying your solution but it doesn't seem to work for me.  Did you get this to work?

Level 10

Hi,

What I have done in the past is to loop through the repeating instance until the count is back to what I want. The following is additional script in a reset button:

// loop through table and delete rows

while (Table1._Row1.count > 1)

{

Table1._Row1.removeInstance(0);

}

Row1 in the repeating object and the underscore '_' is shorthand for instanceManager.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Bingo! That did the trick.

Niall you are awesome!

Level 3

I have a follow-up to this. I have the table row reset working, but my issue is that if I say "no" when the reset dialog box comes up, it still resets the rows. How do I add to this to keep this from happening?

Level 10

Are you using app.alert to get the yes/no answer?

var nButton = app.alert({

cMsg: "Warning: You are about to reset the table. \n\nDo you want to continue?",

cTitle: "Reset Table",

nIcon: 1, nType: 2

});

if (nButton == 4) {

put table reset code here

}