Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What to do if it is telling me I have "Insufficient Permissions?"

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've been having several problems.
First is when I go to install it I get a screen saying that the file "C:\Windows\System\32\Macroomed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll:5" could not be written due to insufficient permissions. I have no idea how to fix this or change it.
Here's a picture of the message that pops up:
Adobe Flash Player Error.jpg

And whenever I try to click the troubleshooting for it, it wont take me anywhere. The link is basically useless. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash player. But nothing seems to work.

Next is whenever I try to go install the plugins (for mozilla firefox) I get messages saying that the file cannot be downloaded. Or there is an error or something, but overall it basically says that the plugin cannot be installed.

I hope someone can help me. Any advice would be insanely helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, What version of Flash Player are you trying to Install? Also post back your operating system and browser versions installed. Also what version of Flash Player do you now have Installed? Vs 10.0.45.2?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flash player version is the most recent one, the "10.1"
My operating system is windows vista 32-bit.
And the browser versions are Internet explorer 7 or 8, the latest version. Mozilla firefox 3.6. And safari 5.0 (7533.16).
And yeah I do believe that is the version I have installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the info. I'll post back as soon as I check a couple of things. Just real quick, since Vista uses the UAC (User Account Control) do you know what setting it is on? Have you received an message from Internet Explorer regarding a Security issue?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I received the screenshots in my email, but they didn't post to the thread here. So I'm taking a look at them. In the meantime, go to Programs and Features or Add/Remove and see if there is any listing for a DLM and or a getplus.

Then, using FF, look in the plug-ins and see if there is any add on, extension or plug-in of get_atlcom Class, DLM or getplus.

Using IE, look in all add ons for the same thing.

Let me know on this.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok I have taken a look at enough of the screenshots and see what the problem is. Right now I'd like you to use FF(Firefox) and test here to see what version of Flash Player you now have:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Then switch over to IE and do the same thing.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok well for Mozilla I get this
Mozilla test.jpg
I know its supposed to say my version in the center grey rectangle. Instead it says to download plugins.
As for IE it needed my permission to continue. And when i allowed it to, it came to this

IE.jpg

Did you want mo to install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the date and version of file NPSWF32.dll in C:\Windows\System\32\Macroomed\Flash ?

If it is older than the other files in that folder, try to manually delete it (while no web browser is running).

If you cannot delete it, try Google for 'file unlocker' to unlock the file for deletion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not older than the others. I wish it were, it would make my life easier. Unless I'm misreading it. Or i didnt locate the correct thing.
check file.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I asked because I had a similar situation in another thread in this forum.  As it is not the same in your case, I'll let eidnolb handle it, as it can be confusing getting different instructions from different people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also i am the only administrator as well as user on the computer. So im not quite understanding why i would be lacking permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what i did. Or how it happened but it worked. I didnt get the error message when i tried to reinstall it. Thank you for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you saying that you have Flash Player Installed in IE and FF now? Can you do the test now and both browsers pass ? Are your websites working now, with both browsers?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey eidnolb, I am having the same problem and have not had the same luck as the other guy.  I recently up graded to Firefox 3.6.6 and flash worked for awhile.  I had a 10.0.x.x. version.  Well silly me I tried to upgrade to the 10.1 and I got the exact message about not having permissions.  I have tried unistalling, reinstalling to no avail.  Firefox is unable to to the update either, so no flash for me in Firefox.  Now Flash does work in IE 8 just fine.  I understand that is an active x control whereas firefox uses a plugin.  Any help or magic you can perform would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi winmod, I'll need to know what operating system you use. Are you using a 64bit system? Did you have vs 10.0.45.2 Installed in IE and FF before the 10.1 come out? Then you Uninstalled and Installed the 10.1 in IE, but are having a problem with Installing Flash Player in FF(Firefox)?

I'm not sure what is causing the problems Installing in FF; it was always easier than IE.

Let me know the OS info.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb, sry I didnt provide you that info.  I am running Win7 64 bit.  I had been running Flash version 10.0.45.2.  It was installed and working in both IE and FF.  I then tried to install 10.1 over the top of the earlier version and got the box shown at the beginning of this thread.  So I did an uninstall and tried again.  I am not using the download manager version but a version that I downloaded.  I even tried a windows installer version (msi), but about half way through the install I get an error 1722 saying that some other part of the install program stopped before the install program was complete.  This really has me stumped.  I also read the thread where you were talking about the DLM and getplus.  I looked and do not have any of these programs installed.  I would be happy to reinstall10.0....  but that doenst seem to work either.

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eidnolb,  An update, I installed the msi active X install  and flash now works in IE 8.  Waiting to see if you come up with anything for FF.

Thanks

winmod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Win, Thanks for the updated info. Glad there is no DLM involved. A couple of things I need to just mention. When the Uninstaller is run, it Uninstalls Flash Player from ALL browsers. It's usually best if there is a problem Installing Flash Player for any reason to not Uninstall/Install until the problem is known and taken care of.

The off line Flash Player Installers that are from Adobe and which we recommend here on the Forum should be the only ones that are used. You didn't say where you downloaded from. Was it from the Forum here?

Until we see what the problem is I wouldn't do any further Uninstalling/Installing. I'd like to see now what is actually of Flash Player is Installed. So go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back all files listed.

The NPSWF one/ones need a right click and then click on Properties to obtain the version number.

Then using FF(Firefox) look for the SWF vs 10.0.45.2 plug-in and see if it's Enabled. Now you may not have that Installed, since you're having a problem and that's ok. Just check to see if any SWF is listed.

Using IE, go to Tools, manage add ons and check all add ons for Shockwave Flash Object and let me know the add'l info that would be listed following that. Flash10....etc. or vs number if listed.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb,

The MSI install version was from Adobe, the link was located in one of the threads in this forum.

Ok in the Flash folder these are the files:

Flash10h.ocx

FlashInstall

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX

install

NPSWF32.dll  Version 10.0.45.2

I then checked in FF  Tools/AddOns/Plugins  and there was no SWF listed

In IE/Tools/ManageAddons/  version enabled and version # is 10.1.53.64

Thanks Again!!

Unfortunately I'm getting used to the look of IE again..............gurrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok on the MSI. Now the Flash files are correct for Internet Explorer and the SWO(Shockwave Flash Object) is correct also. However, that NPSWF32.dll is a Flash file for Firefox and it is for the previous version 10.0.45.2. You need to right click on that one and Remove/Delete it and I would Reboot just to be sure.

You may have to get used to IE again, at least for the moment, since it's the only browser with all of the correct Flash Player files

Just don't Uninstall or anything like that. We only have to concentrate on FF. Now we will be doing that after you remove the above FF file.

Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok eidnolb, deleted the dll file and rebooted.  Awaiting your next command sir.

win..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok that's out of the way. When you had a problem trying to Install Flash Player in FF, I'm not sure what that Insuffieient Permissions message was referring to. If you are the Administrator, which you must be or you wouldn't have been able to Install in IE, then it may have been about not using the DLM.

The first thing you want to make sure is that the Security for the Internet Zone is set to Medium. And now that it is appearing that Firefox is getting restrictive about permissions, etc. as ActiveX is under IE, we need to make sure that no Anti-Virus will be blocking it. If your AV didn't block IE, then we are ok on that.

Download the Flash Player Installer for Firefox and SAVE it to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Once that is done, Close All browsers. RUN the Installer and when it is finished, Reboot Once.

Then check your Flash files folder and post back the files now listed. Then check the plug-ins for that SWF and make sure it is Enabled.

Hopefully this will be successful. If you get any messages during this Install, make a note and let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir are a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FF is now updated and working.  Your method worked.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

I hope now that Adobe and Mozilla will try and get on the same page with their respective apps, by looking at all of the issues both in Adobe's and Firefox's forums this was not an isolated issue.

Thanks Again......win............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Win, well congrats!! LOL at your genius comment, another user voted me for President  I know what you mean tho, after struggling with something that should be very easy.

I agree on Adobe and Firefox getting it together. I don't know what the rush was on the 10.1. I'm sure we'll be seeing an update shortly. I received the prompt to update to 10.1 but passed for now:-) I was afraid I'd have to start my own thread with Help, 10.1 is not working, LOL

Thanks for the cooperation in getting this done, troubleshooting is a two way street:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2010 Jul 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea it is now working with all browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines