Skip navigation
Slaotvaensme
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to link images Prototype Fish Eye

Aug 10, 2010 9:41 AM

When I attempt to link the images in the Fish Eye Tool Bar they get a link border around them and I would prefer to have this invisible.  The image is set to link and it does but not when you click on the image itself but rather on the border.  as you can imagine it is difficult to click on as it is about 1px wide.  I have tried just about everything to correct this and the only way that it will work is to remove the first line of java. The image links but the fish eye no longer functions:

line I removed: var PrototypeFishEyelinkRelay = new FishEyeToolBar("PrototypeFishEye")

I was wondering if you could type a command in java to tell it onClick= go to the url that the image is set to?  I apologize I am a novice when it comes to manipulating the java script.

Thank you for any help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 10, 2010 11:00 AM   in reply to Slaotvaensme

You can use the following css style to prevent the blue border around images with hyper links

<style type="text/css">

img {
                border-style: none;
    }

</style>

You definately don't want to remove the constructor!

-Scott Richards

Dreamweaver Team

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2010 6:38 AM   in reply to Slaotvaensme

Slaotvaensme - Brilliant! I had the same problem and this definitely fixed it! It was funny because until you pointed out the thin border, I didn't think it was working at all. Then I noticed that the link would work in IE before I allowed the Active X, but not after when the Fisheye was working.

Thanks!

Another Happy Camper

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2010 7:12 PM   in reply to Slaotvaensme

When you say that you  used the behaviors panel, does that mean that you ended up with <a href></a> around your image tags.  I am having the same problem getting the links to work and have NOT had any luck!!

Un-happy camper!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2010 1:54 PM   in reply to brandon.bullock

Hi Brandon

Sorry , it took me so  long to reply.  Yes, I ended up with # around your image tags. I used this on my Help page with links to various browsers etc. Here is the code for my firefox link. I can send you more of the code or some screen shots if you like.

http://www.getfirefox.net/

!../PrototypeFishEye/images/firefox.png|id=Firefox|title=Firefox|alt=F irefox|name=Firefox|onclick=MM_goToURL(|src=../PrototypeFishEye/images /firefox.png|href=#!

Sandi

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:12:54 -0600

To: jewelss2003@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Unable to link images Prototype Fish Eye Unable to link images Prototype Fish Eye

When you say that you  used the behaviors panel, does that mean that you ended up with <a href></a> around your image tags.  I am having the same problem getting the links to work and have NOT had any luck!!

Un-happy camper!

>

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points